Attakwas en twee vriende

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacoM

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
We have been riding together for quite some time and decided recently to honour the longing for something different... We will miss the absolute comfort of the GS'e, but you can only postpone a a serious "itch" for so long. HP2 was calling load and clear..

Two months since we made the change and this was the first time we could ride them together. The trip was planned to  "test" and get accustomed to the new horses (yes, the HP2 resembles a hings wat net wil klim en spring!). There would be lots of drooling, talking sh..t and in general eyeballing the bikes. (The photo's of "bikes only " to come is proof of this.)

Thursday, last week I filloed up on Somerset-West and headed for Heidelberg on the N2. Not much to be said apart from the fact that I enjoyed the screen bought from Losper just the week before (Thanks Pieter in Bloemfontein). Into a storm of a Souht Easter. Filling up in Riviersonderend I noticed that my knobbly is fast disappearing - I would need to slow down or run the risk of taking on Attakwas with a "road" tyre. This proofed to be a blessing in disguise as I had to fill in some forms before Suurbraak turnoff at a "speed point" ! Only slightly over the speed limit did not temper my spirit and a small wheely was pulled as a left the traffic "polieste"! (Note to myself...Die HP wil net spring soos 'n "spelerige" hings.)

I slept at Jacques and Moniques place in Heidelberg and early the Friday morning we started the bikes and headed for the mountains.

The first picture is taken early morning in Jacques garage . Indeed a true reflection of the passion in the man's heart! (KDX, 1150GS (for sale!), 650GS of Monique , Jacques HP and mine)

We were on gravel just outside town and took the Gysmanshoek pass over Kanetberg.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 442
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Jacques se garage.JPG
    Jacques se garage.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 439