Airhead Cederberg Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airHEAD

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
I hadn't felt the rear wheel wagging on a good fast dirt road for too long so when the Chairman organised a weekend trip to the Cederberg I was in  :ricky:

A total of 9 bikes joined for this old school airhead only event. The winelands One stop was the main meeting place and a chance to see what everyone had done to their bikes since the CKG 2011 event in March.
IMG_4369.jpg

I quick stop on the top of Gydo pass for some breakfast. These three bikes have had some serious hours spent on them in the last few months. Looking good :thumleft:  
IMG_4376-1.jpg

On the gravel at last
IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

The long and winding road...
IMG_4382.jpg

We dropped our kit off at the Cederberg Oasis where we were planing to spend the night and headed out to do the Wuppertal, Clanwilliam, Algeria loop. The rough road proved too much for the rear shock on the big R100PD. It pushed all its oil out and that was the end of its trip. Bruce limped (bounced) it back to the Oasis and tried to find some new friends with a bakkie so he could bum a lift home  :-[

The boys had some fun at the river crossing
IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

Willie had a little more fun that most
IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

And then again on the way out  :eek:
IMG_4407.jpg

The Cederberg was cooking and I was really starting to feel sorry for the old airheads being made to work in those temperatures
IMG_4409.jpg

We took a break to cool off in Wupperthal
IMG_4426.jpg

Once we got back to the Oasis it was time to chill. I was so lazy I didn't even pitch my tent and slept in the one that our hosts had already pitched on our site
IMG_4440.jpg

We went from one extreme to the other and it started raining in the night. I woke up feeling very relieved that I didnt have to pack up a wet tent but wasent overjoyed at having to ride the 250km home in the rain  :(  At least the rain washed the dust off the bikes and they looked good in the orange orchard camp site... until we hit the muddy roads  :ricky:
IMG_4444.jpg

The rain stopped and started and wasent too bad but the dark clouds were always looming
IMG_4447.jpg

All in all a good ride, thanks Chairman for organising and everyone else for making it a memorable weekend  O0