A Day at the office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Beforehand I have to apologize for the poor quality of some of these pics.

I needed to go and inspect fencing that is currently being build for projects funded by the Government.
The project is located close to the border of Botswana near Gabarone. (S24.89327 E26.04901)

image075au3.jpg

The turn-off to the farm Middelrand(S24.90028 E26.13999)

Being a upstanding ::) citizen, I take the KTM with to ride around with on the farm. Thereby saving the Government some money on my fuel claim ;D
The inspection of these fences are not difficult, but you need to check every meter to make sure the contractor did not take shortcuts.

image066no9.jpg

image067vy0.jpg

The perfect use for the 250 SX 8)

image070ma4.jpg

Basically how it looks. My office for the day ;)

But there are some places that even the bike will not take me.

image071pq1.jpg

After parking the bike under a tree, it is Johnny Walkers for me. Why did I leave the climbing gear at home ???

The fence run along the entire length of that cleared area. This view looking south.

image072no4.jpg

This is the view looking towards Gabarone.  Haloooooo!! Mark Hardy :)
Now at the top of the ridge I decent on the northern side.

image073py7.jpg

image074tl7.jpg

Then stopped when I saw this descend.  :eek:
Basically a shear drop of about 5m. Decided here that I'll rather not risk it, me being alone and all :-\

Then back down, and did a bit of flat section but in some ways much worse. Shark 's Coconuts came for a visit from DeWilt :p
Man!!! was that hard work, a bit of off-camber but rather flat, and still I had to jump around on the bike like a monkey. Sorry no pics, as I don't think I would have been able to get going again ::)

Total Km's inspected for the day = 11
Who said you can't have fun while working. ;D