Transalp XL650V: Additional Spot light fixing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admiral D

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Okay, so I have been looking at some additional lighting for a while, HID, Spots/Flood light, LED in that range, so I got some Lekker LED spots from Schlomo (Schlowy Custom Motorcycles) with a dimmer (on/off switch). So the I have to find a place where to fit it... Those of you familiar with a 650 TransAlp would know its not that easy, because there is a whole lot of fairing and not that much mounting bracket of any sorts.

So It started, with me fixing it below the Main light...
Something like this....

125377973318886.jpg

But Riding like this for a while, I noted that the lights is hitting the mudguard, so I took them off again. With some thought, consulting my dad & with a second opinion from Carnivore (thanx Carnivore). Got a plase to fit it.

So these are the brackets an light that I got from Schlowy.

p1070104p.jpg

p1070105i.jpg

Minus the, Screw, washers and bolt.

So I thought, small hole and bolt will just rip out, need to increase the surface, so at builders got a 'allen' bolt with lock nut an sommer sum Plumbing black rubber washers, to also give some grip to not wanting to rotate.

So with the panels of the bike, marked and drilled, and with bracket - skroefie - metal washer - rubber washer - BODY PANEL - rubber washer - metal washer - lock nut. it works quite well, I think, I take a bit of effort to get it to rotate, so the rubber washers work. Greate.
So It was just to drill a additional gatjie for the wire to go through and sorted, connected everything again wiring and body panels, centred the lights with the main one. and it looks good.

p1070111h.jpg

p1070112.jpg

p1070119za.jpg

p1070121e.jpg