Gauteng Traffic Police!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINZI

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
This morning we decided to go for a quick run to the dam with the superbikes just to clear our heads a little. Filled up the bikes around the corner from our house and went down to the Pinehaven crossing and turned left towards Tarlton. About 150m from the Sasol garage, the Gauteng Traffic Police pulls me over and I instruct my wife to pass me and wait further down the road for me.

I pulled over and stopped on the right side of the yellow line as there was a lot of broken glass and stones where the official told me to stop. Immediately, I got hardegat with him and told him that I will not move over as I do not want to cut my tires on the glass. A standoff ensued and i decided that this is one ignorant mother pleaser and that it is not going to get me anywhere if I argue with him. As I moved over, I noticed a Indian guy standing in civilian clothes next to a civilian Nissan Navara checking me out.

As I switched the R1 off and handed him my license, the mother pleaser was giving me lip about my numberplate (which is 3/4 the size of the legal limit). He immediately started to remove my license from the bike and I started to protest that he can not do it. As I got off the bike (rather quickly), I did not see him behind me and (accidentally) kicked him in the face with the back off my boot which resulted in him falling on his ass and his supervisor came running to see what the hell was going on. He explained the situation to his supervisor ( a Mr Govender ) and the supervisor started to explain to me that they are going to remove the bike from the road and impound it. I tried to explain that I only got the bike a week ago and this is how I bought it.

In the mean time, I instructed my wife ( luckily we were still connected through the helmet comms) to go home and fetch the trailer because they are NOT going to impound my bike! After about 15Min's of sweet talk and all kinds of explaining, they decided to only scrap the vehicle off the road and issue a permit that is valid until midnight in order for me to 'continue on my journey' as he put it.

The whole time this other person in civilian clothing just stood close by and listened at our conversation. Eventually I removed my helmet and they could see that I was not a snotnose anymore and actually a very reasonable person ( :imaposer:).

The person that pulled me over continued to go to the van and start the paperwork, when Mr Civilian called the supervisor over and instructed him to let me go and give me a warning in front of the other 2 officers. I stood there for the next 5 Min's and took my 'uitkak' like a man and trying to stay calm. Now, I got my license 21 years ago and he still asks me questions on what I am suppose to inspect before I start my journey.

This turned out to be a training session for the 2 new 'recruits' with Mr Civillian being the head, undercover, stinking, piece of no-good cow shit. As I left, the one new recruit came running with an old guys license and showed the supervisor that he was born in 1939 and she don't think that he must be allowed to drive anymore......

As I pulled away, a group of about 15 superbikes and DS bikes came from the opposite side ( most without numberplates) and I saw that they where being pulled over as well. I tried to warn the guys in the back of the group, but did not see if they turned around or not.

So, the moral of the story is, if your vehicle is not 100% roadworthy and you are old, you are in for a lot off shit during the festive season. 

This must have been the shortest breakfast run I did in my whole life.