Almost got myself wet and muddy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
So this morning before going to work, I decide to ride some of the little dirt (which are now in fact mud) tracks around the area. I head down to my favourite one, parrallel to eversdal road just past stodels.

check the attached illustration. the brown is the track (gravel/mud), green = grass and the hazy bits are water with a bit of mud in between. orange is my path...

A > i approach from way over the left, trying to avoid the worst of it, my poepol tighter than a <insert appropriate metaphor here>

B > the back wheel digs in and proceeds to swing all the way to the right. poepol tightens even more

C > i shift my weight over, and the bike changes direction and cuts across the entire obstacle. I exit, all the way over on the right, and keep riding, wondering how i just made it through that.

phew, that was close  ;D

had a couple more similar ones up the road along fairtrees, and, after spying a 50m stretch of pure mud, decided to walk my bike past it on the grass - i'll try it another day, there's brave and there's stupid.

Attachments

• whoops.jpg
    whoops.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 126