Rat up and riding again ( First ride )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL1000V Varadero
Hi everyone and glad to say I've had my first ride again, thanks to Honda Heldeberg whom allowed me to take their new Honda Varadero out on a trip I put plotted out to Greyton for a day. The trip consisted of a combination of tar and dirt but we managed to get about 50% of the trip on dirt.
I have to say to my amazement that this new 07 Varadero is improved on the old one and if you asked me to pin point the changes, I couldn't do that but, it is far more sturdy in the frame, the seat is cut better and seems to pull you forward so you are in more control of it and the suspension socked up all the ruts we encounted on the dirt which were plenty.
Glad to say my nevers did not even play up and I got the Vara up to 200kmh on the tar and 150kmh on the dirt.
On our route home back to Teewaterskloof at the bridge, we decided to take a detour and go up over the Franschoek pass and have a look at the corner I went over. Was a bit nerve racking entering the pass but I found that once going and watching the road I was back in the flow. Also pleased to say that this New Varadero does take that corner.
Here are some photo's and was pleased to say how much interest the bike created at Greyton and Franschoek.

The New Varadero along with old and some Transalp's

Now you know it is a miracle to stand here and look back what happened 7 weeks ago.

Shit it was a long way down.