A short wacky trip to mafefe......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So we planned a long weekend's riding in the hills instead of the usual cross-border raids. There were only 3 of us, R, P and G, all on plastics. KLXs, of course. It was my last ride this year before going in for an op to remove the 'pins and things from my leg'. Sitting here at home recovering has given me the time to post a RR with pictures, finally.

I've had a busy year- riding that is, not business - 2 trips to moz, 2 to swazi, 1 to bots and a daytrip to lesotho, as well as a few SA trips. So having a quickie to mafefe/lagalameetse seemed like a walk in the park. And that's how it nearly ended........ but more on that later.

We left joburg early friday morning (2nd Dec) to avoid the traffic. Nothing beats that feeling of leaving town, with bikes on the trailer, watching the plebs in the traffic fighting to go the other way.

camping5.jpg

Our first night's unplanned stay was next to the river near the town of penge. We found a decent spot in the middle of nowhere well away from the local population (to save on sweets).  It was a bit of a strange spot, with a massive cliff in front of us across the river. The cliff threw everything we said back at us with an echo so I had to listen to the shitspeak from P and G, twice. And the nosie from the baboons sounded like we were gonna get attacked.

No riding was done this day barring an aborted river crossing attempt. As usual, we'd underestimated the mud depth and the bikes just disappeared. Thankfully, plenty drinks were in hand once we'd rescued the bikes. I didn't realise plastic could be so f--king heavy!

A few pics of the campsite.......

camping1.jpg

camping2.jpg

camping.jpg

camping3.jpg

camping6.jpg

camping4.jpg

Gotta go, back soon................