Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: FAO: 1200GS biker between Kempton and Midrand this morning  (Read 1867 times)

Offline BOZO

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Eschew obfuscation
Re: FAO: 1200GS biker between Kempton and Midrand this morning
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 07:59:17 am »
check the low profiles my "china" maby we should get jabu69 in on this one!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them." Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
1150 GS, 1200 GSA, 125 KX, WR450  (all sold) :(
XT660Z

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 09:31:58 am »
hey welcome to wild dogs

please help the confused here. you post on wild dogs think bike and some other site.. do you work? or do you have one of those cushy jobs that happen on their own? ;D
do you live in benoni? if so how do you start your trip from kempton park? or is your bike so efficient that it only starts using petrol by the time you get to kempton? ;D ;D ;D

I cant find a picture of your bike please post a pic...( ok so I'm not like everyone else that just knows all the bikes ever made)
oops gprs connection a bit slow
found another one

I don't post a lot. So just because I'm registered on many forums, doesn't mean I spend all my time posting/lurking on them. I just like many opinions instead of biased ones as you may get if you only read one forum.

From Benoni on Great North, through Kempton, past Tembisa down Allandale is the shortest route from Benoni to Rivonia. 35km in total. It takes me about 40 - 45 minutes either way, which is not too bad in my opinion.

The bike above is waaaaay too bling for my tastes. Check out the pics I posted to see what I consider "nice".
Don't waste any more time.

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150

Offline BOZO

• Race Dog
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 12:50:06 pm »
No offence ment there just pulling your leg. Im also from benoni. ( the jewel of the east they say in the west) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them." Christopher Moore (Practical Demonkeeping)
XT660Z

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 01:07:39 pm »
*snip*

I just like many opinions instead of biased ones as you may get if you only read one forum.

Just a quick correction - I'm don't have a biased opinion because I read only this forum, I read only this forum because I have biased opinions ...

;D ;D ;) :P >:D ::)
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 12:11:12 pm »
No offence ment there just pulling your leg. Im also from benoni.

None taken, I just don't use smileys a lot. Where in Benoni do you stay? I'm in Farrarmere.

Just a quick correction - I'm don't have a biased opinion because I read only this forum, I read only this forum because I have biased opinions ...

LOL! But then you need to have spent (or are still spending) time on other forums in order to know your preference, right?

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150

Offline BOZO

• Race Dog
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 07:33:09 pm »
im in northmead
XT660Z

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 09:31:54 am »
im in northmead

For all practical purposes "just across the street".

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Blue boss.....
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 10:30:14 pm »
hey Maljohan-if u are refering to the yellow gs1200 that passed you on Great north, then i confess  that it was me!! :)
i have often passed you either going to or returning from work. on one such occasion i even stopped and mentioned that your tail light wasn't working.

why did i give u the thumbs-up the other day.....? cos im a friendly chap in a great mood! good to meet u/
He who dies with the most toys, wins !!!!!

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Blue boss.....
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 10:36:07 pm »
oh yeah, i commute most days from Rynfield to Midrand!

Glad to know that my "vest" has drawn in a new member-Welcome ...

Offline BOZO

• Race Dog
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 07:23:18 am »
WELL I know us Benoni boys don't like to boast about our white mountain and all but seeing as we all live in the same area we should get together some time for a quick beer. Just a thought use it dont use it. Only problem is timing ;D
XT660Z

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 08:14:11 am »
hey Maljohan-if u are refering to the yellow gs1200 that passed you on Great north, then i confess  that it was me!! :)
i have often passed you either going to or returning from work. on one such occasion i even stopped and mentioned that your tail light wasn't working.

why did i give u the thumbs-up the other day.....? cos im a friendly chap in a great mood! good to meet u/

Taillight-guy? That was you?! Cool, and thanks. Did you wear a blue-white-black striped helmet this morning? Because I spotted another yellow GS at Kentucky as I was filling up at the Engen.

oh yeah, i commute most days from Rynfield to Midrand!

Glad to know that my "vest" has drawn in a new member-Welcome ...

I commute every day from Farrarmere to Rivonia, so we ought to see each other quite often.

WELL I know us Benoni boys don't like to boast about our white mountain and all but seeing as we all live in the same area we should get together some time for a quick beer. Just a thought use it dont use it. Only problem is timing ;D

Sounds like a plan. Now for the timing. TB meets at the coffee shop in Sunninghill every Friday morning, so we could even make it there if you work nearby.

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150

Offline BOZO

• Race Dog
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 08:28:00 am »
Sounds like a plan. Now for the timing. TB meets at the coffee shop in Sunninghill every Friday morning, so we could even make it there if you work nearby.
I go to centurion most days. Next few weeks are going to be hectic as I'm going to be spending most of my time in and out of the airport. I'm in town next week monday and friday. was thinking about joining the rest of the WD next friday. for the friday drinks thing ;D
XT660Z

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Blue boss.....
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 09:23:22 am »
Drinks.....yeeeeha!!!

Sadly, today is a CAGE day for me....... :( so no striped helmet...... Good to have meet you, next time we see one another in the traffic, lets stop and catch up.

Cheers

Offline malJohann

• Race Dog
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 09:48:04 am »
for the friday drinks thing ;D

Where? What time?

Sadly, today is a CAGE day for me....... :( so no striped helmet...... Good to have meet you, next time we see one another in the traffic, lets stop and catch up.

Caged biker, I'd hate to be you. If you see me in traffic, let me know and we can pull over to have a chat. I'm having problems with my tail-light again. Now the parks are on, but the brake light don't want to work. Aaarg!

Rides:
2005 Suzuki Raider 150

Kev

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 05:29:46 pm »
Hello Benoni boys! (ex Farrarmere I am...)