Baviaans with "TIRES"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slicknick

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
So at long last I can tick this one of my bucket list. :thumleft: I decided that I should do the Baviaans before the end of 2011 and told my boss (one that pays me a salary) and boss (the one that spends the salary) that November will be such a time to embark on my solo trip to the Baviaans. I did 3500km in 7 days from Rustenburg to Baviaans and back and got the change to ride in some amazing places I only read about in magazines and books before :) My trusty KLR did not disapoint and ran flawless for the last 3450 km, because the first 50 was a - lets just say it could have started smoother that it did because starting your looooong awaited trip like this is somewhat of "kick in the nuts"

Baviaans004.jpg

and this is why..

Baviaans009.jpg

so i told myself that it will be oraait cause I'm in no hurry and this is all part of the "adventure" so I just fix it and on my way - yah right

Baviaans006.jpg

For the life of me I could not get the tube back in the tyre without pinching it again, and again, and again untill one friendly farmer and his daughter came to my assistance after a 2 hour gespook. Got the rim and tyre on the bakkie and off to their farm. The tannie then gave me 2lt of ice cold oros and 6 sarmies with chees and tamato. That probably saved my life as I had already finished my 2lt water inside my camel bag sukkeling with the tyres in the 39' heat. When I finished my sarmies and oros we had a lekker chat about where i was going and where I went to school etc and it turns out that they came from the very same small town (Carletonville) as I did. (the world is a small place)
Well, after all this we went outside and and Bertus (the guy who picked me up next to the road) had told the workers that was busy in the workshop fixing tractor tubes to fix my tube with that heavy duty patches you use on tractor tubes :thumleft:
Well I was on my way again heading for Parys to sleep over at one of my buddies. Thanks Bertus and Wife for your hospitality and support. There are still people out there that will care for you no matter what. :thumleft:

Note to self- never ever ride with this cheap ass thin as paper tubes ever again :deal:

To be continued..............