Between Badplaas and Barberton....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosparra

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Morning Dawgs....
Unplanned daytrip....I called up a couple of guys at 9H00 yesterday morning, at 9H30 we were on our way. No GPS, no time to fit the nobblies, only 4 of us. Bass rods fitted to the bikes. I even had a camping chair. a Few beers in the topbox (tins) otherwise you`ll need a straw to get it out of the box. Been there, done that!!!! 30 km`s tar towards Badplaas and only a few Km`s dirt to get to a nice little dam to do some fishing, relax, talk "bollocks" with the mates and sip a few cold ones.

10 km from town the first roadblock. Silly season, they are hectic around here now. No problem, Vic, one of the guys knows a dirt road back to Barberton. He has`nt done it for a while but he will take us through the plantations back to town afterwards. An hours fishing, about 2 beers later, storm clouds...come guys, an unknown dirt road and rain!!!!! Let`s pack and head back.

That is where the fun started...got lost 5 times, did "tracks" where the pine needles are about 30cm thick...plenty traction on my Anakee 2`s, no hassle...Holy cow did we all come short a few times, downhills of note, stones, mud...what an experience!!!

Attachments

• Komati1.jpg
    Komati1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Komati2.jpg
    Komati2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 275
  • Komati3.jpg
    Komati3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Komati4.jpg
    Komati4.jpg