Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha Tenere 660 advise please............  (Read 1318 times)

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
Re: Yamaha Tenere 660 advise please............
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:49 am »
My 600 e was from Holland, it was known as a parallel import as apposed to grey because the something to do with the way the lights lens were made or some crap, anyhow, I needed to get a modification that was easy to come buy to change from km's to miles, so my advance is, buy in Holland, it is set up for SA, or at least look into it.

the dutch tenere prices reflect ours here in ZA , u wont get second hand ones for 37 k ...or at least i doubt u will anyway
Africa ain't for sissies hey.

Offline madmike999

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • www.studio88.co.za info@studio88.co.za
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 08:26:39 am »
 :drif: :drif:

following this one, would be keen on a place on the container!
'82 R100 RS,  '98 Africa Twin,  Vespa 180 Rally

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 11:08:39 am »
My 600 e was from Holland, it was known as a parallel import as apposed to grey because the something to do with the way the lights lens were made or some crap, anyhow, I needed to get a modification that was easy to come buy to change from km's to miles, so my advance is, buy in Holland, it is set up for SA, or at least look into it.

The only thing with the UK bikes is the MPH clocks. In Holland (the bikes are more expensive) where they drive on the "wrong" side of the road - the headlight lens is focussed the opposite way to left drive countries. hence the change. The fortunate part is that they use KPH clocks.

On my GSA I have both MPH & KPH on the clocks and my lens is set for left drive countries (when visiting Europe - we have a special lens sticker that we have to put on the lights to prevent them shining into oncoming traffic) ........ so nothing to change for SA.

On the Tenere - lens is correct from the UK - clocks are digital - so it's merely a software reset to change the reading from MPH to KPH............ much easier than replacing the headlight?

The Tenere's manual says:

("Press the left button, when you show the ODO mileage number press and hold the button and it will toggle to mph or kph.....Page 4-8 of your manual covers it.

...hold the left button for at least two seconds."
)

quickest conversion to be done.. love it!  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:10:24 am by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Swanster

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
"I am the terror that flies by night and the arrow that flies by day"

Online Oshkosh

2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"