Kings Mountain day course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ou Ryperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Ok, let me be first and

:useless:

as I did not have a camera on me.  Ratel has some pics, and hopefully he will post them here.

The day started early for the rest of the group, but I had to sort out work stuff before I could join them, therefore I pitched at 11:45.  Missed some of the theory, the basics of standing and suspension settings, plus the 1st exercise riding the cones.

I fell in and immediately battled.  To ride through cones 3m apart with the correct technique on a KTM that doesn't turn as the 1200 GS... all I can say is BLIKSEM!!! I really sukkeled, but did managed at the end.

Then we went and did tight (yeah baby, toit like a toiger >:D) circles inside cones. And again the bloody KTM beast did not turn!!  :-[  Up steps Stephen, our instructor which rides a 1200 GSA, and said: "Can I try?" Me: "Yes, sure. Just don't drop her" And will you know!!  :-[ The bloody KTM does turn, you just need to lean it over, and I mean waaaaaaaayyyy over, to get it to turn.

Phew!! I'm hungry... time for lunch.  Good food, slow service.  ::)

Back on the bikes, riding around trees, making u-turns between fences, through the cones (I hate cones!!!  :-\) and enter the flat track!!!  :eek:  10km of turns!! Some corners with sand, some with none. Wow!! I can turn  ^-^

Boy, this riding and goeters makes me thirsty... time for cold drinks.  Then we're off again, to the other side of the tar road. Time for breaking & emergency breaking.  One can see that all of us are getting a bit windgat by now, spinning and sliding all over, with speeds constantly increasing.

After the breaking maneuvers, we did some up & downs and a short trail ride.

This was my 3rd level 1 course. 1st one was last year @ Country Trax, the other one earlier this year @ Kings Mountain and then yesterday.  One can never practise your skills enough, and courses such as this assist in getting rid of bad habits.

Two week's time = LEVEL 2 weekend course, and according to Stephen, it will be fun.