Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 3 SOUTIES SUKKEL WITH 1 BOER IN BAVIAANS & DIE HEL  (Read 10070 times)

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Re: 3 SOUTIES SUKKEL WITH 1 BOER IN BAVIAANS & DIE HEL
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 05:30:48 am »
Baie mooi, kannie wag vir die res!  :thumleft:

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • East London
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 06:58:43 am »
As ek daai watersproei so kyk - het die bike nie effe vinnig daar deurgery nie? Soortvan om 'n mooi foto te kan maak...  :peepwall:

Dis waar

Baie mooi Jaco.   :thumleft:

Kannie wag vir die ander.

Baie mooi, kannie wag vir die res!  :thumleft:

Very nice RR so far,... looking fwd to the rest. :thumleft:

Thanks guys

Damb, cant upload my pics. They bigger than 500 kb????? Will ahve to learn to make them smaller. :pot:

:deal:   :deal:   :deal:
Life is hard - even harder if you are stupid.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 07:14:25 am »
That is why we fit a snorkel on the boxers for water crossings!  - Kreep Krauly pipe, R10 - fixed.  :3some:

n' Engelsman maak 'n plan  :ricky:

See ree arse lee ... I got my 1150 hydro-locked in the exact same place some years back (on my own!) - why BMW is still so fookin stubborn to insist on the air intake design fault (yes FAULT!) only they know! All you need is that wake off the front wheel and the air intake scoops buckets. Yes you can pull the plugs, turn the motor to shoot the water out, dry the filter etc etc BUt if not very careful you will strip the starter ring gear first trying to start the locked engine! The Kreepy Kraully hose (or vacuum cleaner) is now well documented (I have a link somewhere of my farkle) and does not need to be a permanent filtting - it can just be zip tied in place and the end inserted in the intake when needed and tucked away when not.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 07:21:24 am »
At the 2nd last "big" watercrossing, Spoedvark went through - very slow and bang bang - nothing.  David went - and the same.  Bikes are dead as mossies.  Mr+P went through and his Dakar just bam bam through the water.  I went - and came out safe the other side.  Here is a kiekie of the crossing - don't know the name.

No problem - we have plug spanner, BUT THEY DIDN'T FIT  >:(

Luckily Spoedvark's family was coming from the opposite side and after Mr+P and I went forward to see if the were close, they came and help us.  One of their bikes also drowned at the crossing.

If it wasn't for the guy at the right we would have been there for much longer - thanks my friend.  Cannot remember your name.

After fitted a kreepy krauly pipe John (from Bloemfontein) told his wife to climb and off the go.

This is the crossing just before the gate on Willowmore's side.  Neville and I went through it 3 times and after what happened to the rest, we were a bit "versigtig" going through.

David doesn't want to take a change and he and Spoedvark is taking the bike for a walk  :ricky:

In die mik vd moerbeiboom  :biggrin:

Oppisite the baviaans craft shop is a cafe(??) where I bought a roosterkoek & a Fanta.  They have these dolls in their garden.  Strange

After we filled up at Willowmore, we left for Prins Albert by tar.  Due to time, we didn't do the loop ChrisL told me to do, but I have to go back to do it ChrisL.

Relaxing on the stoep of the Swartberg Hotel

With Boerekos  :mwink:  while day 2 ends.

Offline HB 9

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 07:26:47 am »
Thank you for a great RR and pictures!
Tread lightly

Offline Jovan

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 07:32:27 am »
Looks awesome, thanks for sharing

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:40 am »
Day 3 started with much excited as we are doing Swartberg Pass & Die Hel today, going to George via the Montagupass.  Total milage for the day is 217 km with 134 km Gravel.

Early morning this kiekie was send to David's wife as it was their 41st wedding anniversary and what better way to send her flowers  :biggrin:

I'm gonna let the kiekies do the talking . . . . .

Die pad is veeeeeer - baie ver

Those of you who knows me, knows that I'm afraid of downhills.  But I went to a few places with David before this trip "training"my downhills to get rid of the fear . . . but this little short downhill with it's turn at the end was playing in my head the whole trip and here it is.  I know if I don't make it, I'm down within seconds, but I have to tell you that I made it.  :laughing4: After this I don't think I am as scared of downhills as what I used to be, but as they say - with practice comes perfect  :deal:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:41:24 am by JMOL »

Offline Pietcoke

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • "Wille Worcester Hond"
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:29 am »
JMOL die foto's is stunning :thumleft:
I don't know how to act my age.....I have never been this old before!

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 08:06:57 am »
Let the kiekies do the talking . . . .

We met these nice guys at the breakfast table.  Also WD's - hope you had a safe journey guys.

On top of Swartbergpass.

Now I know where Amanda is resting  :D

I think it is called the Old Tolhuis - just before George

And so day 3 ends in George.  Tomorrow Spoedvark and Mr+P are leaving us when we are in Knysna  :'( but a man has to do what a man has to do

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 08:14:44 am »
JMOL die foto's is stunning :thumleft:
Looks awesome, thanks for sharing
Thank you for a great RR and pictures!
That is why we fit a snorkel on the boxers for water crossings!  - Kreep Krauly pipe, R10 - fixed.  :3some:

n' Engelsman maak 'n plan  :ricky:

See ree arse lee ... I got my 1150 hydro-locked in the exact same place some years back (on my own!) - why BMW is still so fookin stubborn to insist on the air intake design fault (yes FAULT!) only they know! All you need is that wake off the front wheel and the air intake scoops buckets. Yes you can pull the plugs, turn the motor to shoot the water out, dry the filter etc etc BUt if not very careful you will strip the starter ring gear first trying to start the locked engine! The Kreepy Kraully hose (or vacuum cleaner) is now well documented (I have a link somewhere of my farkle) and does not need to be a permanent filtting - it can just be zip tied in place and the end inserted in the intake when needed and tucked away when not.  :thumleft:

Thanks Guys - Big Dom - I'll ask Spoedvark to reply on that as he has 1st hand knowledge of what happened.  Ek's net die Boertjie hier rond  :biggrin:  Although he guided me throught the water, I came out clean and they got water in their intakes.   Strange, but I think it was just my lucky day as I was the only 1200 that went through without a mishap except for John who fitted a kreepy krauly pipe and another guy (also from Bloemfontein) who pushed his bike through the water.

Offline Mev Vis Arend

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 09:16:20 am »
Fantastiese RR en fotos.   :thumleft:  Ons is sommer suur dat ons nie kon saam gaan nie. 
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 09:18:37 am »
Fantastiese RR en fotos.   :thumleft:  Ons is sommer suur dat ons nie kon saam gaan nie. 

Baie dankie.   ;D  Dink net - dan het ons nou nog gery  :biggrin:  Dit was baie baie lekker, maar sien my slot later.  Baie geleer op die trip.  :deal:

Offline Brandt

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:15 am »
Daar is 'n heele paar mooi fotos  :thumleft:

Offline Bosvalk

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Only dead fish go with the flow
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 10:05:07 am »
Jissie manne, maar hierdie RR lyk of dit pret  :ricky:, opwinding  :drif: en benoude oomblike  :o gehad het. Dit is die resep vir 'n perfekte trippie!

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 12:19:07 pm »
Daar is 'n heele paar mooi fotos  :thumleft:

Dankie Brandt

Jissie manne, maar hierdie RR lyk of dit pret  :ricky:, opwinding  :drif: en benoude oomblike  :o gehad het. Dit is die resep vir 'n perfekte trippie!

Thanks Bosvalk.  Glo my dit was en hoe langer jy in die saal sit, hoe lekkerder raak dit . . . :mwink:

Offline Mooch

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:36 pm »
Cool Guys...
If in doubt, flat out.

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 12:30:30 pm »
And so day 4 started in George - nice and cool and the plan was to do the 7 passes that ends (I think) in Knysna where Mr+P & Spoedvark will leave us as the have family commitments  ;)

Their are no specific plans as we have 2 days left to get home . . . .   At the end the milage we did was 311 km of which 164 km were gravel.  We ended in Steytlerville after another HOT SUMMER day in Africa.  :biggrin:

I'll again let the kiekies do the talking . . . . as we left George on the Saasveld road.

David left me in the dust . . . . . . .

to take a photo like this . . . .

After this Spoedvark & Mr+P left us and from now on it was 50/50 ingils en afrikaans  :pot:

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »
After we said our goodbyes to the guys, we went up towards Simola - thanks ChrisL for that one!!

North

East

South

West

2 Hungry men  ;D

Who found the right place to have a nice breakfast.  Harold @ Angie's with David.

I think it must be cool living like this - no cellphone, meetings, cars, robots, taxi's etc etc

After the breakfast we went up the Prins Alferd Pass towards Avontuur.  The guys must help me here, but I think we had the most cars on this road / pass, specially the section from Angie's.

From the top

When we arrived in Uniondale, David had a good "afternoon nap" on the stoep of the local OK while I had a conversation (something like Robertson gesels met . . . ) with a beggar.  he told me about how difficult life is etc etc.  These guys the same a politicians  :mwink:

Here David just woke up and we decided that we are too tired to do gravel towards Steytlerville and decided to go via the tar & cement roads.

Booked in at the Royal Hotel and Ou Dikkes taking a nap.  Ou Dikkes is now like a horse that can smell home - just wanna run  :biggrin:

After we had great food, we went to bed to take on the last day of this wonderful trip . . . . . .

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • East London
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »
And so the final day has arrived . . .  :biggrin:  or is it  :-[ 

Today we travelled from Steytlerville towards East London via Grahamstown and the total milage was 432 km of which 164 was gravel and 272 was tar (150 of that was on the N2  >:(  >:( Cars  >:(  >:(  >:( Busses  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:( taxis  >:(   >:( )

Again we left before 6 . . . .

David sneaks out of the gate  :biggrin:

1st I had to do some shopping at the mall  ;D before we get to the gravel

Offline Mev Vis Arend

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 01:02:30 pm »
Jou fotos is asemrowend!  Ek hou veral van die twee waar David jou in die stof los en die een van jou bike daarna.  As ek sulke tonele sien, voel dit vir my asof die Liewen Heer die trip spesiaal geseŽn het.  Ek kan nie wag vir die res nie. 
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L