TE 610 Screen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Ok so I wanted a bit of protection on my new 610 without going over the top ... thought I would like a BC Lynx but lots of $$$ to import to this side of the pond and not sure I want the extra weight ... still deciding. So anyway in the meantime a friend of mine gave me a BMW 650 Dakar tinted screen - definately not in mint condition but could be finessed a bit by yours truely  - and I thought I could make it work. Measured up - looked GREAT and the three standard predrilled holes seemed like they could work for the OEM Husky screen. Marked and drilled, created spacers from small rubber bushes (need space between the two screens for laminar flow otherwise will get buffetting), SS bolts and Nylock nuts ... and all on track. Fitted it up and went for test ride. Not stable enough just with the rubbers on the forks... so I created two small aluminium tubular supports from existing pre-tapped holes on the bottom of the steering head to existing locating tabs on the bottom of the OEM screen (at the same time I relocated indicators ... but they may well go entirely for ones integrated into handgurds). At the top I first created a template from cardboard for a alu bracket that would use the existing screen mounting holes and brace the screen to the instrument cluster bracket, then bent and predirilled it. Also drilled it for bolting a RAM GPS ball mount. Rivitted the bracket to the cluster bracket and bolted screen. Works superbly - it just pushes the air to the top of my helmet , looks great IMHO - virtually OEM and I like the shape of the screen with the Dakar lip.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG