WC -Ceres ,Patatsvlei , Touwsriver ,Anaysberg , Montague ,Robertson Home 550km

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
After waiting at the One Stop until 07h50 , and no show , I suited up and left at 07h55.
I got to Baineskloof and snt an sms to Antonw , so he would  know I went on alone.

Just past Ceres , I stopped and did the same again .

I stopped at trokkies farm for a quick visit and while I was there , getting  a call from AntonW to say that he and Eish were in Ceres trying to catch up.

Now all together we off to the R355 and the RH to Sutherland , and did I mention , it was flipping hot ?

The  going was good and the karoo was just as pretty , even without the purple flowers that were there the last time I did this route.
The veld was yellow and beige and the horizon was brightened up with blue shimmering mountains.

We stopped at Patatsvlei and sat in the shade for a pit stop and some liquid replacement.

Eish ! here comes that KLR again !
DSCF2071.jpg

After a quick briefing of how the next 2 spoor/road condition was , we hit the road again.
that part of the route is like riding through a nature reserve , winding and small dried out wash a ways , easy but interesting.
We used our normal gate opening system , The front rider opens the gate and stays there to close it.

Luckely there is only some 4 gates.

And then with a blink of the eye , we were in Touwesriver drinking cold monsters.

We ran a good pace , regrouping every now and then.
We caught up with the holiday makers on their way home in Ashton , then through Robertson to the Rooiberg Kelders , RH turn their and down the road 8km to SAGGY STONE for lunch and some home brewed Beer from their own Brewery.

The owners , EX Zim and bikers too , food is well priced and beer is very good.
They always give you 3 samples each in small gasses to see which you prefer.

https://www.saggystone.co.za/

As it was after 4 , we just slabbed it home.
Thanks to Paul and Anton for coming with me and still one of my favourite routes even if it is a 5550km round trip !