Honda REPLACED - NEW XR650L - broken after 20km's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paydirt

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Paydirt said:
Hi guys, just bought a new XR650L  ;D

But it stalled while on the way home from the dealer and now it won't start, the engine just makes a loud CLACKING sound :( shit!

So I'm just waiting for the insurance to come collect it and take the pig back to the dealer.

Bummer!
Well the dealer came to collect it (and me), and it's standing in their workshop, told the guys not to touch it till I spoke to the dealership owner.
The guy will be back from leave on Wednesday.
I will only accept two courses of action, a replacement or a full refund (and buy the same bike from another place :) )
I'll keep you guys update as this plays out, cautiosly optimistic it will all work out ok

Here are the numbers of the repaired bike:

Frame Num: JH2RD0620CK900403
Engine Num: RD06E2934771

:thumleft: :thumleft:Honda does the right thing and replaces my faulty bike  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Honda SA has really gone out of their way to sort out my issue, they did not have to replace the bike but have shown that they do care about their customers, and thanks to Trevor for his assistance.

The bike arrived yesterday at Honda Sandton, in a crate   , so they are going to put it together today, do the reg and all the paperwork for the bank.
So I should have it in the garage this weekend, dry and out of the rain, but as soon as it stops raining we going to hit some mud!  

Honda Sandton is really impressing me!

I have already mentioned all the help the Derrik in the Service Center has given me, but spoke to a guy Johnny Shand on the phone yesterday, and since then, I received at least 2 calls with updates and progress, I get the feeling that his only mission is to get me riding the new Honda ASAP. Thats what I call service!

Attachments

• IMG00331-20120214-1045.jpg
    IMG00331-20120214-1045.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 207