You might call it "FUGLY", but I don't

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoffies82

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So, after a few months my search was ended right here on the Wilddog website when I bought the 2006 KLR that DocKLR was advertising.  Not having seen the bike and acting on the words of a complete stranger, I paid for the bike and Doc sent it down on the train in Cape Town.
I was on holiday in Hermanus when the day the bike arrived, so a quick trip to Cape Town, collected the bike, drove it to my garage, put it away and back to Hermanus for a very frustrating couple of days waiting to get my hands on her again.  I'll be honest, there were a couple more scrathes than I had anticipated, but I'm over it now.
Almost a moneth later now and I am LOVING IT! :ricky:
Bought my new helmets, got rid of the old bike, and now using the bike daily in and around Cape Town.  Found a bit of a 4x4 trail road close to my work in the mountains where I've gone a few times and that was awesome too.  I must just remind myself that I'm not on a trail bike  :eek: from time to time.

COUPLE OF QUESTIONS:
The doo and the usual suspects have been checked and fixed.
There is a 'kill' switch on the kick stand, but it only seems to work some of the time.  This doesn't really annoy me, but it will when that switch stops working on the "OFF" side of the switch - in which case I'll be stuck!  Should I have someone disconnect that switch completely or should it be ok?
The other worrying thing is that it doesn't have a kick start.  Is this not something which is usually standard on these models?  I can see where it should be, but nothing's there?  Is this something i will have to have put on sooner rahter than later?
Is there any way to get rid of scratches on hte plastics?  I know it's very natural to have some scrathes on the sides from boots and so on, but it would be great if i could get rid of some of them...any tricks or tips?

Cool dogs, I'll hopefully be positng something more "trip" related soon!

Attachments

• KLR-20000.jpg
    KLR-20000.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 408
  • KLR-20001.jpg
    KLR-20001.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 402