JD Tuner and other delights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Still in the process of 'going through' and finessing my TE610. In addition to initial basic lube servicing and new rubber front and back, I have done the chain and sprockets and fitted a set of Pivot Pegs I picked up at a good price second hand. Great pegs and gave me the opportunity to change the infamous peg bolts and true the surfaces! I have also worked the airbox a bit and done the PU conversion and a caterectomy of the zorst.

Most recently I dived in and set the valves that appear to never have been done  :eek7: They were VERY tight and actually could not get a feeler gauge in  ??? At the same time I fitted a JD Tuner (Power Surge 6X) that I also picked up secondhand off Cafe Husky. Lots of talk and support for these tuners on that side of the pond. Anyway all I can say is that the scoot I was already impressed by is transformed - not sure how much is the valves and how much the tuner. Really perky, quick throttle respose, smooth power curve and can also chug along very controllably and happily if you want slow technical. I consider JDT excellent value for money and is plug and play. It is a power comander unit very similar to the Techlusion ones I have run on my BMW's with six tuning zones but certainly cheaper and as good. (www.JDJetting.com)