Kykdaar's DRZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
So n recently bought DJ's old bike - a 2006 mo0del with 10500k's of mostly commuting on the clock.

Bike was very well kept - thanks D :thumleft:

Picked it up on Friday and immediately took it through road worthy which it passed with flying colours.

The rest of Friday was spent riding (on tar) to get a feel for the bike. Pulls nice and strong on bottom and mid, but has some hesitation at top - I think this is due to the restrictions and the bike running too rich for the Reef.

Me being me, the farkling immediately commenced -

- Dumped the old battery and fitted the right size battery
- Dumped the old rear tyre (too wide) and fitted a new 120 T-63. I dont think that tyres should be too wide for trail riding so did not fit the 130 T-63 I got as spare with the bike. Will see if my reasoning is sound
- Took off the 15/44 sprokets that was fitted with commuting in mind and replaced with stock 14/47
- Took off the old chain and replaced with DID X-ring VT2 enduro racoing chain. Looks cool too - black with gold links
- Took off the gear lever and rounded the sharp edge.
- Ordered a new clutch cable
- Ordered a set of Protaper fatbars and risers in silver.

I must confess to being very impressed with this bike. I think that I will mprobably keep this one for a while.

Has anyone done the 3x3 mod with the James Dean jetting kit. Is it worthwile to do it?

My focus is not to mod the bike for DS use - I rather want to improve it for trail riding use so will soon be adding a bashplate, case savers, radiator guards, etc.

Fotos below is of the bike as I bought it. Will add foto's of the mods soon. 

Attachments

• DRZ1.jpg
    DRZ1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 285
  • DRZ2.jpg
    DRZ2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 286