EC BASH - 2012 - SEE YOU THERE - BE SAFE & ENJOY !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
              Watty touched many of our lives in different ways. Let's continue the EC BASH as a celebration of his life.

:ricky:

Up-dates on the planning will as usual be done on this first and second posts. Headings in RED indicate finalised items. I have now booked the date, which is fittingly the anniversary of last year’s Bash.

DATE   :    

11 - 13 May 2012

VENUE :  

Doornkloof Baviaans.  S33 34.236 E24 06.592 Once you’re on the gravel, the turn off is about 85km from the Willowmore side and  84 km from Patensie side. Follow the boards !

The sign at the turn-off and the entrance gate on the Baviaans road

The Lapa and a view from it

From the opposite direction and some of the spots amongst the trees

What the ablutions look like and another shot to show how pretty it is

You can see more about the venue here www.baviaans.co.za and from the first recce ride   https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=87559.0  Amazing venue where we will enjoy ourselves !

ENTRY FEE :

R395.00 per person

PAYMENT DATE : ( See 2nd POST for details)

The list is stil open until further notice

ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS :

For your ENTRY FEE you get :

- Entry to the site and a camping spot
- Bacon and egg brekkie on Saturday morning
- Spitbraai Saturday evening
- 2 x Boerie Roll tickets(can be exchanged at the Bash for 1 x Hamburger ticket)
- 1 x Hamburger
- Coffee, Tee and rusks
- Places to ride
- WD Bash Sticker and a goodie  :biggrin:
- Lucky Draw entry

Fixed accommodation is available which you arrange yourself. See details on the website.

Cash bar will be available.

We tried to keep the entry fee as low as possible so you pay cash on site for other meals :

Friday evening and Saterday lunch: Boerie Rolls(R15.00) and Hamburgers(R25.00)

Sunday morning : Coffee, Tee and rusks(and leftovers  :biggrin:)

WHAT YOU BRING :

You will be camping, so you bring all your camping stuff and money.

PROGRAM :

Friday 11 May 2012 :

- You ride your bike there and arrive safely
- Registration 1600- 1800 (Just look for us. Late arrivals find me and I sort you out)
- You chill and have a bash
- Welcome @ 1800 at the Lapa
- Supper - You do your own or have the Boerie rolls and Burgers.

Saturday :

- 0730- 0830 Late Registrations
- Breakfast 0730 onwards( untill about 0900 ?)
- You go ride or chill
- Lunch 1200 onwards
- Mini Skills Challenge 1500 ? (Jules)
- 1800 Speeches and Prises/ Lucky Draws at the Lapa
- Supper thereafter from about 1900
- We party till we drop(or freeze)

Sunday :

- We get up, eat what we can find, pack up and go home.
- Please RIDE SAFELY
- Thanks for enjoying with us, what we hope to be, a great BASH

When you arrive at the camp site you sign in on the Registration Form , which will include the indemnity hereunder. You will then receive your goody bag with meal tickets, stickers etc.

That then, very basically, will give you a Bash, which I have undertaken to do. I am trying to keep things as simple as possible. Depending on the logistical and personal requirements, there are other niceties one can add on.Whether there will be add-ons will depend on the help I get !

HELP LIST :

Here is the extra stuff I need your help with. You pick an item and make it your responsibility. What does not get sorted, will not be there. You may need to liaise with each other, i.e., if you need something transported, arrange it with the transport guy, not me. A name in RED means that item is taken care of.

- Tent - Nemodakar

- Lights - Beagle Boy

- Stickers and badges - Jules and jupiter

- Transport/recovery - Louis Horn and DeanT

- Music - Louis Horn

- Sponsers/Prises - Tiger8

If there's something you think I missed that would make it a better Bash, let me know  :biggrin:

NOTES :

- Professionally trained First Aid persons will be on site for the weekend
- Petrol (300l) will be on sale at the site. PTA ?
- Wilddog goodies will be on sale
- Recovery vehicle will be available
- No cell phone reception. There is a land line in case of emergencies : (049) 839 1160
- Police and Doctors are far away, so don’t go hurt yourself seriously.
- Expect it to be cold.(and maybe wet)
- Most of us, if not all, know the area, so don’t ask me silly questions.
- What else ?

INDEMNITY/DISCLAIMER  :

Dual-sport motorcycling inherently involves dangerous activities. Anyone who puts their name on the Attendance List and attends the Bash, do so voluntarily and acknowledge that they accept the risks as their own free choice.

[In English that means that, if you do something stupid and hurt yourself, it is your problem,( but of course being Wilddogs, and caring human beings, we will offer the help we can)]

COME AND HAVE A BASH !

Status
Not open for further replies.