Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: "Power Commanders" for R1200GS/GSA  (Read 6608 times)

Offline BlingKing

• Don't just fix it - BLING IT!
  • Vendors
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
Re: "Power Commanders" for R1200GS/GSA
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 08:18:46 am »
They really are quite simple to fit and self tune.........you just put it on the bike, stand back and with your right hand in the biker salute, you say howzit my china. Then it is tuned!!!!  :thumleft:

Okay seriously, it is easy to do - in fact if you follow the link below it will take you through a demo ofexactly that:

http://www.wunderlich.de/images/Shop/Sonstiges/demo_performance_controller_ENG/demo_perfromance_controller_english.swf
They really are quite simple to fit and self tune.........you just put it on the bike, stand back and with your right hand in the biker salute, you say howzit my china. Then it is tuned!!!!  :thumleft:

Okay seriously, it is easy to do - in fact if you follow the link below it will take you through a demo ofexactly that:

http://www.wunderlich.de/images/Shop/Sonstiges/demo_performance_controller_ENG/demo_perfromance_controller_english.swf
Hi Bling King.  Is the price still the same as in your first post ?
Yup - despite the Rand falling through its ass and the rest of the maladies I won't bore you with, I will do it for the same price for you Dawgs!
Professionals is Suspension Matters
We Service & Repair Dual Sport & Adventure Bikes
Upgrades, Repairs & Replacements of Shocks & Forks
Importers for WILBERS Suspension AG, TFX Suspension, HAGON Shocks UK, WUNDERLICH for your BMW!
Agents for: HYPERPRO, BiTUBO, OHLINS, RACE-TECH, K-TECH

Offline Duke916

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 08:36:45 am »

Yup , and he's got supplies  :thumleft: Got mine last thursday , installed it but still to do a longish run. Only doing it this comming weekend to Loskop. Just remember the engine must be running before you start setting up the unit ( not clearly stated in the pamphlet ). Otherwise you will get a faulty wiring indication when you power up without starting the motor. Best is to mail Denver directly . Must say that the constant backfiring when throtling back is gone and the motor seems to be more docile but seems to pull better than before  ???
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Now :  1100RC  R100 RT    1098  RGV 250  KTM 495  R 1200GS ADV    KLR650

Offline Cheetah

• Forum Vendor
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 09:25:37 am »

Yup , and he's got supplies  :thumleft: Got mine last thursday , installed it but still to do a longish run. Only doing it this comming weekend to Loskop. Just remember the engine must be running before you start setting up the unit ( not clearly stated in the pamphlet ). Otherwise you will get a faulty wiring indication when you power up without starting the motor. Best is to mail Denver directly . Must say that the constant backfiring when throtling back is gone and the motor seems to be more docile but seems to pull better than before  ???
:thumleft: Good to hear they have stock AND the price is still the same! Nice to hear about the smoothness and the backfiring that's gone. Enjoy the "new" bike  :ricky:
As a man is, so he sees.

Bikes:
BMW R 1200 GS Adv
1981 BMW Bobber

Offline Duke916

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2012, 06:25:02 pm »
Tried the bike out this weekend and it is working great  :deal:  First time ever that my exhaust is burning a dark brown and fuel consumption seems to be the same as before  ::) The computer still reconing I'm on 5.9 l/100 so I am going to wait for the reserve light to come on to see what the difference might be. My current settings are set to Wunderlich's reccommended recipe for full pipe and sponge filter and I am happy with it  :deal:
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Offline Cheetah

• Forum Vendor
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2012, 06:31:17 pm »
Tried the bike out this weekend and it is working great  :deal:  First time ever that my exhaust is burning a dark brown and fuel consumption seems to be the same as before  ::) The computer still reconing I'm on 5.9 l/100 so I am going to wait for the reserve light to come on to see what the difference might be. My current settings are set to Wunderlich's reccommended recipe for full pipe and sponge filter and I am happy with it  :deal:
Great  :thumleft: Thanks for update Duke !
As a man is, so he sees.

Bikes:
BMW R 1200 GS Adv
1981 BMW Bobber

Offline Pote

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:57 pm »
Enige iemand wat dalk 'n power commander op 'n 800gs probeer het? sal graag wil hoor wat die terugvoering was.

Offline katana

• One day when I grow up, I want to be a
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Sheer Smiling Pleasure
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:45 pm »
You can reset the meter by holding the info button in when it displays the consumption.  It will be interesting to see the average start again  :thumleft: 
"The only man that has to remember anything, is the man who tells a lie" Mark Twain

Offline Steen

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »
Enige iemand wat dalk 'n power commander op 'n 800gs probeer het? sal graag wil hoor wat die terugvoering was.

Hi Pote :-) I put the Wunderlich Power Controller (similar to, but less advanced, Power Commander) on my F800GS and I'm very happy. Read this thread from the beginning as somewhere in this thread is a link to the thread with my dyno chart. I would imagine the Power Commander would be even better but at a considerably higher cost. Cheers, Steen
BMW R1200GSA (30yr Anniversary) - 2010
BMW F800GS (30yr Anniversary) - 2011
BMW G650 X-Challenge - 2007
BMW R NineT - 2016
BMW R NineT Custom - 2014

Offline Duke916

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2012, 08:00:27 am »
Tried the bike out this weekend and it is working great  :deal:  First time ever that my exhaust is burning a dark brown and fuel consumption seems to be the same as before  ::) The computer still reconing I'm on 5.9 l/100 so I am going to wait for the reserve light to come on to see what the difference might be. My current settings are set to Wunderlich's reccommended recipe for full pipe and sponge filter and I am happy with it  :deal:
You can reset the meter by holding the info button in when it displays the consumption.  It will be interesting to see the average start again  :thumleft:  

I did  :thumleft: If I can remember correctly my loaded consumtion @ about  average 140 should have been 6.3-4 so seems about .5 out  ???
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:05:53 am by Duke916 »

Offline BlingKing

• Don't just fix it - BLING IT!
  • Vendors
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2012, 08:08:58 am »

kyk hier asb. http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=99513.0
Professionals is Suspension Matters
We Service & Repair Dual Sport & Adventure Bikes
Upgrades, Repairs & Replacements of Shocks & Forks
Importers for WILBERS Suspension AG, TFX Suspension, HAGON Shocks UK, WUNDERLICH for your BMW!
Agents for: HYPERPRO, BiTUBO, OHLINS, RACE-TECH, K-TECH