Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TKC - German versus Korean - FEEDBACK PLEASE.  (Read 943 times)

Offline Die Rooi Baron

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
Re: TKC - German versus Korean - FEEDBACK PLEASE.
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 09:24:29 am »
The (Korean) TKC on my back wheel is less than 100km away from 9000km.  I commute 40km everyday with some gravel riding over weekends.  I know that Die Rooi Een is a plaasbike and can't compare with the HP2 (what did Aug Topbike say when "comparing" 1200GSA with KLR?... ::) ;D)

But what about heat cycling ??? This is a somewhat "controversial" issue amongst my friends, but with the power of an HP2 it doesn't help steeking on a brand new set of TKC's on tar an expect them to last forvever.  Although, I must concur, 87km is "quite" unacceptable >:(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:18:59 pm by Die Rooi Baron »
Die Rooi Baron
Red meat isn't bad for you - fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

I'm suffering from the rare condition bikelessness.

Offline FortyZA

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • East London
Re: TKC - German versus Korean - FEEDBACK PLEASE.
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 01:21:37 pm »
Just to add my other 2c worth,

When riding the TKC's on tar, these should be pumped up to 3 or 3.5 bar pressure.  I also think that aging / curing of rubber has something to do with long life, so has heat cycling of tyres,

I feel that the stock of Germany TKC was hugh and these had time to stand on the rack. that is why we could get both and now only the Korean.  I am going to buy a set and leave them under the workbench for 6 months, then fit them. See if this makes a difference.

Just my thoughts after reading some of the comments and statements.
BMW 1220 Adv (2006)
WR450F (777 - cool blue)
KDX 250 (Pink panther) Sold