Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky 610 TE --- costs to run up to 25,000 km  (Read 3060 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Husky 610 TE --- costs to run up to 25,000 km
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:55:56 pm »
Firstly --let me say -- most probably the cheapest bike to run i have ever owned -

Yes they are not perfect --but - so are none of the other brand's. And it definately does not suite every rider out there -- for me its nearly perfect and i can live with the odd thing's that needed sorting out.

Otherwise we would all be riding the same bike and all the other manufacturers would have to close down -

In the 25,000km service that i am going to do now this what it has cost me.

5 services at about R 210.00 pers ervice --yes i use diesel oil at R190 for 5 litre -

Flasher relay unit R320.00 - like twit i left it on for  a very long time

Tyres lets not go their normal consumables --

One set of sprockets and a X -Ring  Chain R 980.00

1 x clutch cable -- R85.00 cable man repaired it.

Indicators --fitted aftermarket short one's Midas R90 a pair looks exactaly like originals --just shorter

Front globes x 4 at R39.00 each

2 x spark plugs R85 each

Indicator globes x 3 R6each

Ooops - nearly forgot -- 2 x new mirrors R105 each glass cracked when i smacked overhanging branches at speed --

Replaced the small aluminium frame -carrier under the mudguard R 650.00 not the strongest and not great for the 5kg of tools etc i carry on it --old one cracked through. Could have repaired it but decide then it had served its purpose well--

Replaced the efi fuel pump --only to find out later it was a loose connection --so i have a spare one

Still has the stock cam chain and had did the valves once -- slightly out of spec.

Otherwise still running on the oem brake pads

Do i still enjoy it -- :biggrin: :biggrin: everytime i fire her up and start a ride ---

Not allowing for aftermarket products as they are not part of the equasion -

And yes --some peeps may think it is a - gay  bike -as for me - i don't care a shit what other peeps think --i love my Huskies all 6 of them --- and i will not easily be convinced to ride another brand --

Are they the -BEST -- Bike out there ???? I dont know and i dont care --they just work for me --you love them or you hate them --
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:20:07 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Gat Slag

• Bike: BMW F800GS
Re: Husky 610 TE --- costs to run up to 25,000 km
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:24:40 pm »
Impressive!!!  :thumleft:

Offline sting

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »
Never heard anyone say a Husky is a gay bike. what is gay about it?

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:02:26 pm »
Never heard anyone say a Husky is a gay bike. what is gay about it?

In this case they must be referring to the rider  :pot:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline TK

• Life's an adventure, enjoy the ride.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:34 pm »
Go Mike :ricky:

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 01:54:58 pm »
Loving mine!  :ricky: Definately not a faggot scoot!
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 02:26:00 pm »

I think it is a bit of faggot bike; with its Italian styling and all that shit; everything Italian is a bit faggoty  :pot: it's definably not a camel man bike like the XR650R  O0

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:08:09 pm »
The original and only Camel man bike is the GS  :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »
Ag actually whether a bike is "gay" or "camel man" or not is something posers should worry about, because they buy the bike based on how they think others will think. :mwink:

But if you intend actually riding the bike properly, then who cares what others think?  Question is then, can they go where you can?

But in any event you cant deny that Italians make all machinery look sexy.  And I would agree that  XR's look nice and rugged but in a dated 80's type of way.  Personally think that GS's  look stupid especially the whole false "beak" thing but judging by GS sales figures I'm by far in the minority on that one!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:55:40 pm by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »
Ag actually whether a bike is "gay" or "camel man" or not is something posers should worry about, because they buy the bike based on how they think others will perceive them on it. :mwink:

But if you intend actually riding the bike properly, then who cares what others think?  Question is then, can they go where you can?

Touché

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 04:42:43 pm »
a while ago (round about the time blazes got his and I got mine), okes were constantly tjooning how crap they are, how often they break, how unreliable they are, how hard it is to get parts for them, how high maintenance they are. Of course, none of these okes owned a husky themselves  :deal:

now that the 610 has become a bit more popular, the haters are a lot quieter, and everyone is raving about how kiff these bikes are  :thumleft:

welcome to wild-dog-a-nomics 101  :imaposer:

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:52 pm »
a while ago (round about the time blazes got his and I got mine), okes were constantly tjooning how crap they are, how often they break, how unreliable they are, how hard it is to get parts for them, how high maintenance they are. Of course, none of these okes owned a husky themselves  :deal:

now that the 610 has become a bit more popular, the haters are a lot quieter, and everyone is raving about how kiff these bikes are  :thumleft:

Do you miss yours Wes?

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »

Do you miss yours Wes?

sometimes  :ricky:

but I am more than happy with my current ride  :thumleft:

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 04:49:09 pm »
Loving mine!  :ricky: Definately not a faggot scoot!

I think it is a bit of faggot bike; with its Italian styling and all that shit; everything Italian is a bit faggoty  :pot: it's definably not a camel man bike like the XR650R  O0

Yeah .........I remember the camel man "would walk a mile for a Camel".....most likely cause he couldnt get his XR650R kick started  :pot: :peepwall:....... and then once he had lit up his Camel he would kick back and cross his feet only to show the hole in his right boot... the hole that did not come from "walking a mile for a Camel" as we all thought at the time .....but rather from trapping the KickStarter on his XR650R ......as we would all find out in good time.. :pot: :peepwall: :ricky:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:51:41 pm by M3X3Z3 »
Honda XR250  Husqvarna TE630  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 04:53:17 pm »
I even have a hole in my boot from the kick start on my KX250F  :xxbah:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:06:12 pm by Rough Rider »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 05:02:02 pm »
Loving mine!  :ricky: Definately not a faggot scoot!

I think it is a bit of faggot bike; with its Italian styling and all that shit; everything Italian is a bit faggoty  :pot: it's definably not a camel man bike like the XR650R  O0

Yeah .........I remember the camel man "would walk a mile for a Camel".....most likely cause he couldnt get his XR650R kick started  :pot: :peepwall:....... and then once he had lit up his Camel he would kick back and cross his feet only to show the hole in his right boot... the hole that did not come from "walking a mile for a Camel" as we all thought at the time .....but rather from trapping the KickStarter on his XR650R ......as we would all find out in good time.. :pot: :peepwall: :ricky:

Brilliant J  ;D ;D ;D
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 05:04:17 pm »

I agree Dom --same kind of scenario that the guys have when they can't score with the ladies --then to justify it they call them --Lesbians  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
I even have a hole in my boot from the kick start on my Kx250F  :xxbah:

Now that I think about it; they are Italian boots; Farking explains everything  :peepwall:

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 05:16:57 pm »

Ja this South African obsession with brands and the defensive reactions that people have or alternatively the perceived threat from a new unknown brand or whatever it is that drives people to talk the biggest load of kak and actively shout down other bike brands they have never ridden is very strange!  

I was commenting to a friend of mine who is very interested in understanding consumer behaviour that this is something that seems to be fairly unique to SA - you dont see it on the forums over seas to any great extent.  But it is well entrenched behaviour here!

Maybe its got to do with the high bike and car prices which require finance, driven by status associations that seem to be a big driving factor when buying vehicles in SA?  Maybe people have a vested stake in protecting their resale values and perceived status of whatever brand they have bought into and they do this by talking down other brands they perceive as threats?  Whatever the reasons are its very strange!
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 05:27:08 pm »
Sure cheap to run  :thumleft:

I had my 1st ride on a 610 yesterday.
I love the look of the bike to be honest.. its sexy as an Italian design should be.. looks much better than the standard XR650R.

Nice and narrow too. :thumleft: The forks and shock needs some attention as the bike felt like a matress, but I'm sure new oil and proper settings will help a lot.

The motor pulls rather nicely off the bottom and into the midrange.
The top end was a bit disappointing. As it pulled through the midrange I kept thinking; "this is gonna be good" but then it ran out of steam..just like my XR600 did.

Having said that, this is probably the closest that one can get to dual sporting a KTM525.

Enjoy your ride, its a kick ass bike.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:46:20 am by dirtWarp »