Husky 610 TE --- costs to run up to 25,000 km

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Firstly --let me say -- most probably the cheapest bike to run i have ever owned -

Yes they are not perfect --but - so are none of the other brand's. And it definately does not suite every rider out there -- for me its nearly perfect and i can live with the odd thing's that needed sorting out.

Otherwise we would all be riding the same bike and all the other manufacturers would have to close down -

In the 25,000km service that i am going to do now this what it has cost me.

5 services at about R 210.00 pers ervice --yes i use diesel oil at R190 for 5 litre -

Flasher relay unit R320.00 - like twit i left it on for  a very long time

Tyres lets not go their normal consumables --

One set of sprockets and a X -Ring  Chain R 980.00

1 x clutch cable -- R85.00 cable man repaired it.

Indicators --fitted aftermarket short one's Midas R90 a pair looks exactaly like originals --just shorter

Front globes x 4 at R39.00 each

2 x spark plugs R85 each

Indicator globes x 3 R6each

Ooops - nearly forgot -- 2 x new mirrors R105 each glass cracked when i smacked overhanging branches at speed --

Replaced the small aluminium frame -carrier under the mudguard R 650.00 not the strongest and not great for the 5kg of tools etc i carry on it --old one cracked through. Could have repaired it but decide then it had served its purpose well--

Replaced the efi fuel pump --only to find out later it was a loose connection --so i have a spare one

Still has the stock cam chain and had did the valves once -- slightly out of spec.

Otherwise still running on the oem brake pads

Do i still enjoy it -- :biggrin: :biggrin: everytime i fire her up and start a ride ---

Not allowing for aftermarket products as they are not part of the equasion -

And yes --some peeps may think it is a - gay  bike -as for me - i don't care a shit what other peeps think --i love my Huskies all 6 of them --- and i will not easily be convinced to ride another brand --

Are they the -BEST -- Bike out there ???? I dont know and i dont care --they just work for me --you love them or you hate them --