Its not all about the bikes !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nardus

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Although 90% of us DS crowd is rather fanatical about our bikes, the performance of our bikes, what we can add onto our bikes, planning trips, packing luggage for trips, going onto trips and sharing our experience once back from a trip, it would be GREAT to share our interactions we had with the local fellows (Africans, PB's, locals, etc.) whilst on a trip.

I think a lot of us have brilliant pictures, not so much of us or our bikes, but of how, where and who we meet and interact with people along our journeys. We are fortunate here in our Republic to have a lot of different cultures within reach of a couple of tanks of fuel and often we capture those special moments on camara.

My hope with this subject is that one of our fellow Wild Dog comrades has a connection in the printing field that could at some stage (once we have enough pics) print the best ones into a coffee table book, or calendar. Somebody could even make a bit of smackeroos on the sideline - as long as I get a cut for the good idea !!

Let me start.

Here we were entertaining some youngsters in the Transkei whilst supporting the local shabeen. Needlesss to say that Hennie was not using his own helmet.

16130440.jpg

Here MetalJockey was having a cold one (one of many) at the same shabeen with the locals (also after a few cold ones) were entertaining us.

27151657.jpg

Whilst fixing a tyre we were joined by this friendly crowd - also in the Transkei.

17134003.jpg

17133931.jpg

On another trip in the Transkei, also whilst fixing a tyre, I was requested to take a picture of this fellow.

16151303.jpg

These school children in Lesotho were all too happy to inspect my intentions, rather than listening to the boring school work.

02094338.jpg

On route to Malealea in Lesotho, I took this colourful picture of some local fellows at their homestead.

03160654.jpg

During our stay at Malealea, this choir entertained us for a good hour. (Nice boobs)

03181422.jpg

On route to Lesotho, whilst I was drawing cash from the ATM in my old hometown (Ugie), MetalJockey took this picture of a "to be" trou vrou.

Picture133.jpg

On the way to Malawi we saw these sad fellows outside a bar in Zimbabwe. They had no money for a beer and even if they had, there were no beers in the bar !

01m.jpg

This friendly crowd entertained us in a village called Chemba in Mozambique, next to the Zambezi river.

8g.jpg

Refueling at Sena in Mozambique. Thousand of people. Do sometimes wonder what they doing there, what their parents are doing for a living and what the future hold for them.

11.jpg

14d.jpg

22.jpg

At the Malawi border post, whilst I was convincing the officials to let me into Malawi without my Yellow fever card, Hein challenged a local for a game of Bawu.

24b.jpg

A very, very old Himba man came to have a look at the 3 bikers who were drinking beer at 08h00 in the morning in the middle of the Kaokoland. He earned himself a free one !

09220003b.jpg

At Epupa falls, I was trying my best to take an arty shot of one of the pretty Himba girls at the river.

09220011d.jpg

MetalJockey posing for a photo next to a very pretty shop owner who stocked ice cold beer in her shop.

09210008.jpg

And then the Himba children - strange hair do's.

09210007a.jpg

My favourites are always these close-ups of the little kids !

24c.jpg

24d.jpg

60e.jpg

That is it for now.

Come on, lets see yours !!!!!!!