Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Confession - Dropped the XChallenge  (Read 409 times)

Offline CaMojo

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Confession - Dropped the XChallenge
« on: August 05, 2007, 05:06:33 pm »

Today was the Cars In the Park at Swrartkops Race TRACK.

I went with the BM Pretoria Club - and Bavarian had  the X-Challenge, X-Moto and variuous other bikes there.

So I took the X-Challenge around the track a couple of times. All Slow as the track was full of people and other old cars on display. So I rode on and off the track on the gravel.  On one of the rounds I did I went down the main straight and came back into the pit area from the bottom (Turn One).

As I approached the pit area, riding next to the track on the gravel, I simply lost it as I turned into the fenced off parking area going from the gravel onto the tar.

En Daar Le ek en die X-Challenge, op onse gatte.

Must have been really funny.  ;D

Embarassing BIG TIME,  fortunately I had my jacket on but I got some Grass Burns on my knees.  The bike only has a slight scratch on the front fender.

Lesson :
1.  ALWAYS WEAR ALL THE PROPER CLOTHING.  I am sure these grass burns will be lekka uncomfortable next weekend as I plan to ride down to the east coast for the w/end. and both my knees will be lekka sore.

2.  Don't underestimate the power of Old Brown Sherry...... O0

I got home just now, put some paraffine gause on the grass burns and hope they are better tomorrow morning.

O ja, i had the privilige to also ride a friend of mine's Husquvarna - 250cc 1980 model scrambler with automatic gearbox. An amasing bike.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: Confession - Dropped the XChallenge
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 05:10:35 pm »
Are you sure? I remember that bike when it came out  :-[ :-[ was sure it was a 360, maybe diffeent models?

Welsh  8) 8)
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline Leo

Re: Confession - Dropped the XChallenge
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 06:09:39 pm »
Fcuk, I forgot about the show!

Hope those grass burns feels better soon  ;)

Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!