Confession - Dropped the XChallenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaMojo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Today was the Cars In the Park at Swrartkops Race TRACK.

I went with the BM Pretoria Club - and Bavarian had  the X-Challenge, X-Moto and variuous other bikes there.

So I took the X-Challenge around the track a couple of times. All Slow as the track was full of people and other old cars on display. So I rode on and off the track on the gravel.  On one of the rounds I did I went down the main straight and came back into the pit area from the bottom (Turn One).

As I approached the pit area, riding next to the track on the gravel, I simply lost it as I turned into the fenced off parking area going from the gravel onto the tar.

En Daar Le ek en die X-Challenge, op onse gatte.

Must have been really funny.  ;D

Embarassing BIG TIME,  fortunately I had my jacket on but I got some Grass Burns on my knees.  The bike only has a slight scratch on the front fender.

Lesson :
1.  ALWAYS WEAR ALL THE PROPER CLOTHING.  I am sure these grass burns will be lekka uncomfortable next weekend as I plan to ride down to the east coast for the w/end. and both my knees will be lekka sore.

2.  Don't underestimate the power of Old Brown Sherry...... O0

I got home just now, put some paraffine gause on the grass burns and hope they are better tomorrow morning.

O ja, i had the privilige to also ride a friend of mine's Husquvarna - 250cc 1980 model scrambler with automatic gearbox. An amasing bike.