Kruispad - Bottelary area anti bikers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witblitz

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
Today I came home from Stellenbosch and got onto the enkelspoor next to the road and rode on it till Bottelary Road. Then enkelspoor from Devon Valley till Corobrix. Then i got on another enkelspoor by "The Palms" and rode that till Kruispad. Then i got flagged down by a man in a mazda or ford bakkie and accused me of riding there everyday on a green bike.

He warned me that the people there (Kruispad area) are taking photos of the bikes that ride there and send then send it to the cops and the people get a R1000 fine. I asked him based on what do they get fined and he carried on about the R1000, so I still do not know. He then carried on and told me that a guy got fined last week for riding along there (Kruispad and Jakaranda Street).

Ok so I am fine not to ride past the horse farm between Kruispad and Jakaranda Street.

So my questions:
1 - Has anyone been stopped by this guy and got this story from him before?
2 - Is he talking bullshit about the fine? (I am only a student and do not have that money lying around for kak.)
3 - Has anyone gotten a fine there yet?