Chewing rocks anybody?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Chewing rocks anybody?

A few months ago we went for a quick ride in the Loskop Dam area. We stopped at a garage to refill the 250’s fuel tank, and there was a spaza shop next to the fuel station. I didn’t particularly want anything, but a box of big rocks caught my eye. I then noticed that on one of the racks was a beer box with little bags of stones. It was the big rocks that had been broken into smaller pieces and packaged in little bags.
Now this really got my attention. The lady running the spaza shop told me they were for eating.
So I bought one of the little bags for all of R1.50 (FARKING BARGAIN PAPPA!) and bought it home, and then forgot about it for a bit.
Anywayz, here is a picture of the little bag of stones, and then the stones spread on a piece of paper. They are very soft and brittle, and I suppose you could chew them without much effort, although I cannot imagine your teeth will love you much.
No, I didn’t try them out. They have a very soapy texture, but other than guessing that they must be some kind of sediment I cannot think what they are.
I guess the people in the area might eat them for the mineral content, much like a buck will lick a salt lick.

Attachments

• 100_4364001.jpg
    100_4364001.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 420
  • 100_4365001.jpg
    100_4365001.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 424