Gauteng WD weekend teaser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Decided to go and recce our route for the WD weekend on 1 Sept
(Actually just an excuse to ride)

Adventure MX, Jag(s)hond - our host for the weekend, and myself met at the Engen just before 07:00 on Sat and off we went

I had just the night before fitted my new excel rim from Alfie Cox racing and the bike was running nice and true - Thanks to the guys at ACR

Our first stop somewher near Boekenhout

Stop1.jpg

About this time we phoned Plathond who was kuiering at Dikhololo with his squeeze.
I could swear he was still asleep  ;)
Anyhow - we told him to get his boots (and other bits) on and get moving

It was still a bit chilly and the energy bar was giving grief. Now EVENTUALLY I know what those BM pods were designed for.

Energybar.jpg

Our next stop was close to Warmbad (bela b..... whatever  ???).
It's really dry out here at the moment

Stop2.jpg

AdventureMX posing for us. It was early and looking intelligent was not an option yet  >:D

AMX.jpg

We met up with them close to Rooiberg at hoofed it the last portion much to everones delight
Filling up in Rooiberg

Rooiberg.jpg

Plathond with Platwyfie

Plathond.jpg

Now seems like Platwyfie has a big head (or just very long hair  >:D  ;) ;D) - but getting the helmet on was a mission at times

Platwyfie.jpg

When we got close to Northem, time was running out and Platte has a breakfast waiting for him - so they went back to Dikhololo and we hot footed it back - getting to the Silverlakes Dros by 14:00

Gautengbashday1b.jpg