My future is black, please rate the possible new commuter bike!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanator

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Being a bit of a short-arse, there are always certain bikes that I'll never be able to own or ride. Especially as this bike is both my commuter and to play with on weekends, in the mud with my mates. Of course, the RT stays!

So, I stop in today and there it is, black, and it has the adventure badge. I slip astride it and my face lights up with a dirty little grin, I can toe-down on both sides easily. The weight feels like nothing, and surprisingly is fractionally heavier than my VStrom.

So now I need some true opinions.

The new KTM 990 Adv, as a new commuter scoot and to play in the mud with my mates.

The lady tells me it needs servicing every 7.500 k's and costs between R1300-1500. Funny, I read a story on here recently that that wasn't quite true. Then warranty and service. I've been spoiled by BMW so KTM would hav a lot to live up to. How do we rate KTM Paarden Eiland?

Your comments are appreciated..

Oh, one more thing, anyone keen on a pristine Strom with all the off-road farkles for R50K?

Cheers

Lawrence