Quarry Play area - PTA East 8 April 06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funacide

Race Dog
Administrator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
So we meet at 07h30 at the garage corner of Lynwood and Hans Strijdom. Myself, BLA-BLA and Marius (Don't think he is on the forum). Fill up with go juice and leave at about 07h45.

Down Hans Strijdom, right at fourway onto the old Bronkies road. about 5 to 10 km's down we turn left onto sand for a short while and then right onto a sand (thickish) road into the quarry. This was my first excursion to the quarry and my first bit of real technical (up and down riding). The view as you come into the quarry is quite intimidating with steep climbs right in front of you. BLA and M head straight up the first climb, I take a second or two to compose myself (feeling a bit nervous at this point). Anyway up we go to the top to deflate tyres.

Pic at the top of us defalting tyres (No guess which one is BLA - look for the RICHA kit).
DSC00951.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

Doesn't she look just beautiful in this environment. The hill that can be seen just to the right of the helmet is the first one you do.
DSC00953.jpg

Another of the baby after about 45 minutes playing. The quarry is awesome and offers everything you can want to play in, steeps climbs, steep descents, thick sand, technical rutted sections etc...
DSC00954.jpg

Marius at the bottom of the quarry playing. The Dakkie sounds awesome and is probably the right toy for the quarry even though the 1200GS's handled very well in this environment.
DSC00955.jpg

2 pics of BLA-BLA coming down one of the descents. ( I was having a smoke break)
DSC00956.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

All done, 2 hours of playing in the quarry what awesome fun was had but HELL this is hard work (must have sweated out 20 liters of sweat)
DSC00959.jpg

Thanks to BLA for taking us to the quarry. The best thing of all is that it is probably only 10 minutes away from home. The quarry will see lots of me over the coming weeks and with all that excercise I may even loose some weight.

The new boots bought from BLA especially for this purpose were awesome. Realy gives you more control standing and a lot more support in the ankles.
DSC00960.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

Thanks again guys it was great. So all you peeps who did not join today, when are we going there. It is a brilliant place to improve your skill levels.
:lol: :lol: 8) 8) :rr: