Are you being ripped off by your Insurance company??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beemer man

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Guys, this story just goes to prove how vigilant one has to be all the time, check costs regularly and just be sharp and wary of big organizations.
I bought my Wife a new car in March last year, and after hearing all the Radio advertising from First for Woman, got my wife to get a quote, it came back marginally cheaper than everyone else despite their Ad which declares up to 40% cheaper, anyway we went with it, at the time it was around R460/ month, last week I was going through some papers and saw a statement from them for earlier in the year where the amount was now R622 , not saying they did'nt inform me of the increase just can't remember seeing it.
I then thought I would phone them to double check, guess what it was now R855 and the Lady told me the policy had been audited and checked in April and this was the correct premium, bear in mind nothing has changed for this veichle, no claims no increase in cover nothing Nada.
I then informed the Lady I was going to compare some prices and GUESS WHAT!!! my first call to Dial direct for the identical cover ,same road side assist, same excess and a R1400 cover for minor scratches that has no effect on your no claim bonus R435.00, Outsurance was slightly more expensive at about R550, when I phoned First for Woman back and querried what I had discovered the consultant could not give me an explanation and when confronted with their own advertising line up to 40% she sounded sheepishly embarrassed.

To say I feel ripped off is an understatement, and its not like I have gone to some Hole in the wall Insurance company for the new cover.
Lesson learnt TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED. :mad: :mad: