Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Moondog broken - then 'fixed' - now to get the Meccano out.  (Read 4353 times)

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: Moondog broken - then 'fixed' - now to get the Meccano out.
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2013, 08:09:18 am »
Now I get what u said about the stiches being "movie stiches" this time around...did he leave his glasses at home?? Sjoe!! Wound colour is normal!! Looking so good!!!!

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Moondog

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2013, 08:16:15 am »
Now I get what u said about the stiches being "movie stiches" this time around...did he leave his glasses at home?? Sjoe!! Wound colour is normal!! Looking so good!!!!

They look more like mortuary stitches to me  :eek7: They are apparently whats needed in the situation where they dont want infection - so no internal stitching or other foreign bodies, so they stitch wide and with a double loop that holds securely and wont pull out. They will make an impressive scar.
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2013, 08:34:53 am »
and chicks dig scars  :thumleft:  ;D

Offline Mooch

« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2013, 08:50:26 am »
Bliksem Tony I never dreamt I would share your misfortune. Shaterred right tibia at the top. 5 pieces. Bones graft, kak house full of meccano in the top of my leg as well. My cut goes stright to the top of my knee otherise it looks the same. Getting queesy reading about your drill bit and stuff. Man its quite a juorney hey.

I have bloody steel staples holding the cut together, not stitches..At least those things are out now.
Lying here at home feeling sorri for myself, but forgot about that when I read about your infection. Pump the full course of antibiotics man, go for 13 day if necessary, watch out it doesn not return.

I just hope I dont have to wait 9 months before I have my steel out. Just started phsyio on Monday, and my bloody leg is still sore 4 weeks later.

Any wise words you might want to share?

Hope youre walking fine soon boet :thumleft: We will have to take a picture together sometime of our scars  ;)

We can start a club with this injury...

I also had steel staples ... 20 something of them. Doc said plate should should stay in for 2 Years!!!
Neraly 7 months now and still battling with a weak leg...
But as Tony says, it goes quick and you have many really important milestones along the way. Its reall very debilitating at first, but we forget that quickly.
If in doubt, flat out.