Moved Insurance - Out to BMW.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I'm not normally big on "rocking the boat" or the apple-cart, whichever analogy you want to use, but having recently got myself a 2nd hand GS Adventure, I had to get it onto Insurance like yesterday..
I'm with Outsurance, have beenf or like 8 or 9 years in fact, and all my bikes that I've had through the 6 years I've been riding has been with them. 2010 I had an accident with a guy who went through a red robot. No questions asked, I was paid out within a week.. Always awesome to deal with. But SUBSEQUENT to this issue, I felt my premiums were a little on the high end.. The 660 R and then the 660Z were in the 500 Rand range.
Anyway, I add the 1200, and the premium jumps to 651, for a 2007 GSA..  :dousing:
Max suggests I try BMW. Never been with them, but how bad can it be.. Call up a Candice Naidoo in PTA, give here the details over the phone, and she quotes me 395 a month, for the same bike!!  :eek7: That's almost 50% cheaper than Out.... WTF! :mad:

So ,went through the motions, asked the lady at Out what would she do in my situation, she claims thats the BEST rate they can give me.. Told her to fark off and cancel the cover.. Took BMW (Alexander Forbes) half a day, AND she gave me a month free if I pay for the year.. So, What would have cost me 7810 a year with out, is now 4750..

Moral of the story, if you rock the Applecart, you'll find some bargains hidden under the vrot old ones..

Alan