sweeper to greyton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macduff

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
apologies to all who waited for me to show up..... i am sorry.
so i faktap. but i was determined to still do the route. even as delayed "sweeper"
(stolen map to show the route)
greyton5nr.jpg

this is what the place looks like, when late :( very lonely.
IMG_1310%20s.0.jpg

i wasnt sure exactly where the old pass started from. after two attempts at leaving the highway, i found it on the 3rd try. a bakkie with a family were there (dont know why) but they confirmed that 6 bikes passed at about 9.45 (this was about an hour before i got there......
IMG_1311%20s.0.jpg

IMG_1312%20s.0.jpg

a sad sight greeted me coming into the back of botrivier... there was a cemetery, and all around it was a dumping ground. not nice at all. i passed some small homes until the turning off to the van der stell pass. its the second time i have done this, and its simply beautiful.
IMG_1314%20s.jpg

IMG_1317%20s.jpg

i was lucky to remember all the turn-offs to make the way back and head for greyton, but it looked like i was on the right way.... here was a dirt highway
IMG_1318%20s.jpg

i made it there, just as the group were leaving. ah well, my fault i suppose :oops: so i had a couple of coffees and read the paper.

going home, i deviated very slightly until the dam (see brown markings on map) and then at theewaterskloof, i went over franschoekpass and home

IMG_1320%20s.0.jpg

thanks for the route guys.... hope to see lots of pics from you all too :)