Help Needed in Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Extreme Velcro

Besides the fact that I am still hoping that all of you in Cape Town will give me ffedback on wehther it would be worth out while to do a fundraiser for our wild dogs at San wild (which I am happy to organise as mentioned), I also need your hearts for something else.

Besides all the other stuff I do, I also help via my charity CapeTonians against Animal Abuse to feed strays (mainly cats) in the Paardeneiland, Milnerton and Brooklyn areas and boy, do we need help with food.

Although we are also trying our best to trap and neuter all in our care, one slipped past and has just had 5 of the cutest little kittens you have ever seen (we will be catching them next week and trying to find homes, so.....)

In the meantime though, we need food, tins or dry food and lots of it.  If any of you are either willing to collect some frome friends and family or put up a box at your work taht colleagues can throw food into (I will collect) or if you have R10 or R20 to spare, we would be so grateful.  We also need money for meds etc. for some of the cats as well as just general care items.

Our banking details are

Capetonians against Animal Abuse
Standard Bank Bayside
Cheque Account

Thank you.

Please also take note of the following event:

A fundraiser/awareness evening on the 12th September around Canned Hunting (with a talk by Chris Mercer from the Campaign against Canned Hunting)

It will be great fun and very interesting.

I am also looking to - when Mark comes back) arrange a visit with a talk by the owner of the Drakenstein Lion Park - it is fascinating to hear his story, see the lions and also see the tented accommodation that he has inside the park.  Although fenced in, you are able to have an overnight lion experience right amongst them - I cannot wait for my overnight stay.

Keep you all posted.

Thanks