Two little Monsters on the mountain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Well, what a weekend! It started on Friday with the new YFM700 Grizzly I had to test for the local paper.

P8190003.jpg

We ended up playing with all sorts of 4x4â??s on that dayâ?¦  ;D More on that later.

Saturday we took LGFâ??s monster into the mountain and Sunday was spent with the family â?? on the bikes of course. After the kids saw the pics of LGFâ??s ride there was no way I could keep them off the mountain on Sunday.

Things did not start well. 1st Mrs. TR could not go with so I had to leave my bike at home  :( and ride hers (which was already on the farm) and then the car left with the kidâ??s elbow & knee guards, as well as their helmets.  :-\

At first I suggested that we ride the quad till the car gets back. That did not go down well.  :evil: Maar Paaaaaa. Quads is dan vir sissies! OK. Lets use Mrs. TRâ??s helmets. Who got stuck with the full face helmet was another issue.  :-\ The little one agreed to wear it if he could wear the chest protector we had as well.

Letâ??s ride! (At last!)  ;D

First stop at the dam to unlock the gate.

P8190019.jpg

And then into the mountains. We took a road I have not taken before (yes, there are that many!).

P8190061.jpg

Running the risk of repeating myself (again) â?? this area is breathtaking.

P81900341.jpg

P8190037.jpg

P8190038.jpg

After exploring for a while we got the phone call â?? the helmets are back!  ;D Rest assured we rode back to the farm without delay. Some people get rather attached to their gear it seems.

P8190076.jpg

All kitted out they were a much happier bunch. Letâ??s go already!

P8190044.jpg

We have an indigenous forest on the farm dubbed: â??Die feetjie plekâ? That would be our next stop.

P8190004.jpg

This area is well used in summer. Itâ??s cool and you get that wonderful forest smell. The water is clean and delicious.

P8190034.jpg

P8190027.jpg

P8190025.jpg

P8190031.jpg

P8190021.jpg

Well, this is beautiful and all, but the kids want to ride! I took them through a deep slippery valley where two very capable 4x4â??s got stuck for 2 and a half hours on Friday.

Kids of this age are amazing. Theyâ??re kind of a blank slate. No bad habits like the ones we struggle with. Also, at this age dad is the smartest and strongest guy in the world.  ;D You stop before the obstacle and tell them how to ride it; what to do when and where. OK Dad! And off they go and ride the thing as if itâ??s the most natural thing in the world.

P81900371.jpg

No problemâ?¦

P8190042.jpg

What a privilege to ride here and do it with your family.