Yamaha Warranty......Not to bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offside

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
I was fairly concerned when my new Tenere went for it 1000km service to find that the air cleaner mod. had not been carried out during the PDI despite being assured by the sailsman the it had.
I had a nagging suspicion that  damage my have been done as my first rides on the bike were in some very dusty conditions (I'm the slow guy at the back) in the midlands.
Anyway 14000km down the line and oil consumption is 375ml/1000km. This is a 1000km of slow to moderate riding in normal conditions.
After meeting Skeet at the Renegade ride( Yamaha's responce to his Tenere being on its second clutch is that he perhaps isn't riding properly.) I wasn't expecting much joy from them when they heard my sad story.
I'm still waiting for a written responce but at this point they will not entertain a claim and I am told that...
  1. The chances of any damage being done in 1000km with a faulty air cleaner is minimal.
  2. 375ml of oil every 1000km is normal.
  3. There is also the possibility that I don't know how to check the oil level.
I have purposefully not named the dealerships involved as this is only round one of a fight in which I plan to give my best. I try not to judge companies by the mistakes they make but rather by the effort they put into correcting these mistakes.

Anyway wish me luck Ive got a hunch I'm going to need it.