save this poor bike!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazy-eyes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
yesterday i was not contempt with sitting at home staring at the wall, so nikki and i decided to take the landy out of its cage for a river crossing.
the only river crossing i know of in joburg is the one below lanseria airport, so thats where we went.

on the way there we were met by two green KLR's coming from the causeway. i stopped to let them past (sorry no pics). prhaps they were forum members?

anyhow, the mega-exciting river crossing was drawing near!
and here is is.

1-5.jpg

here's nikki checking the wading depth on her side.

2-4.jpg

ok ok ok, not that exciting, the water is only ankle deep, but if you park in the hole halfway across, and take a pic from the upstream side it looks the business  ;D

4-1.jpg

once on the other side we parked the landy under a shady tree and opened the back door. we lay on the futon matress in the back for 3 hours just taking in the peace and tranquility of such a beautifull spot next to the river. the sound of the water flowing over the rocks is truely soothing, and by the time we left we felt like we had been on holiday.
it is hard to believe that such a piece of heaven exists so close to joburg.

5-1.jpg

on the way back i snapped these pics of a sad scene. this poor bike!!!!!

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

aag shame....... ::)