Simonstown / Dido Valley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR250
Sorry for the late report, got swamped with work and my home pc decided to crash on me!
Sorry but I can't remember everyones name.  :-[
Well here it is ...

After reading the last report on our ride to the Simonstown Mountains, XT660 couldnâ??t wait for the next ride, which was planned for next week, (now cancelled) and pushed for this past Sunday. ::)  This was done much to Topboxâ??s disappointment, who tried in vain to get us to postpone the ride, as heâ??d made other plans and couldnâ??t cancel.  >:D
So with short notice it was me self (TTR250), (XT660), Shaun (KLE); (TS185) and (Dakar) who managed to meet at Nandos Tokai at 8:15am on a brilliant Sunday morning.  ;D

Took to Ou Kaapse Weg mountain pass into Sun Valley â?? headed straight up Black Hill pass and stopped at the top parking lot. Shaun wisely decided he isnâ??t heading down the horse trail, now a muddy river this time of the year, and went the long way round to meet us at the stables at the bottom. Itâ??s quite a steep and muddy trail and I congratulate Dakar on making it on the BMW without falling.
Once at the bottom I think one of the horses got a fright when he saw that there are still TSâ??s around and jumped the fence!  :eek:

To exit the stables you have to cross the river, now deep with all the rains. XT660 goes through and the back wheel spins the Maxxis tyre. (see pic) The Dakar and TS go through no problem, now my turn! I know thereâ??s a concrete slab running in the middle for the horses to cross, so me being so clever, I ride on this only to find out that the Maxxis tyre on the back doesnâ??t like wet concrete (or rocks) and I spin 90deg almost falling into the river.  :laughing7: You have no idea how lucky I was not to fall â?¦ I know I do!

Continued next post .... >>>>

Attachments

• STOWNsm011.jpg
    STOWNsm011.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 213
  • STOWNsm012.jpg
    STOWNsm012.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 209
  • STOWNsm013.jpg
    STOWNsm013.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 202
  • STOWNsm007.jpg