A Ride with an Old Man ( Complete)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
It was just a short ride, but could turn into a long story, so I'll tackle it bit by bit and let it grow on itself. A good story is best told off the bat without too much editing.

I can only imagine, and I did, that this is what it would have been like had I ever had the privilege to ride with my father.(And incidently, Rooikat and my father are the same age)

We start with the RR 63Magic wrote on the trip her and Rooikat(her father  :biggrin:) did a year or so ago. At the time of course I did not know Clive or their respective ages. It was a beautiful story of a daughter enjoying the privilege she had of riding with her father and of him still being able to give her that pleasure.  That RR stayed in my mind.

A year or so ago, while recovering from my accident, I bought a XL500R and started chatting to Clive who was doing some repairs and farkle on his XLs. He was planning a long trip with it around the Cape and thought he'd be set to go around October. I told him that once he had his itinary sorted he must let me know, and if it brings him anywhere near my valley, I would like to meet and ride with him for a day or so. It was just something I wanted to do and the idea grew of course from the Old School bikes.

The plan was postponed a few times, but he kept me updated. Finally it came together and we did our ride last Friday, the 16th March, and what a pleasure it was to share some time with a real adventurer.