Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: What year is this 610?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
What year is this 610?
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:45:01 am »
I'd like to know it's dry weight as well as its fuel capacity.  The internet is a very confusing place.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: What year is this 610?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »
out of interest what they asking for this scoot?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:52:07 am »
TK has one just like that.  I think his is a 2000
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline TK

• Life's an adventure, enjoy the ride.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:21 am »
That should be a 2000/2001 model. Comfy to ride and even a short shit can plonk both feet on the ground. Tank capacity is around 18 liters.........were a DS bike should be. Chassis and engine casing is the same as my 2009 model. Personaly this is one of the better DS/adventure bikes. Did a round trip with AlanB to Loskop a couple of weeks ago........did'nt miss a beat. :ricky:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:09 am »
Anything form 1999 tp 2000 model --take the vin no and Call marchello or Marco to give you the right year --Great bikes  :mwink:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:51 am »
Well I've made an offer and it's been accepted.  Now I must pay the man and face the music at home.  Oh, well - such is life!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 11:59:37 am »
Well I've made an offer and it's been accepted.  Now I must pay the man and face the music at home.  Oh, well - such is life!

Face the music -- that bike will make sweeeeeeeet music in your ears  ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 01:37:57 pm »
Whisper what you stole it for?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 02:00:11 pm »

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:29 pm »
So which one of you nice guys phoned the seller today?  :patch:  You would never snatch it out from under my nose, would you?  :mwink:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 10:19:46 pm »
Not I ... the thot plickens  :patch:

Offline TK

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 07:36:31 am »
Yeah.....that was me. If you were not going to take it I wanted to be next in line. I hope you have many miles of fun with it.
Let me know if you do change your mind though. :ricky:

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »
Just a quick update. 

I've got the bike at home and have been having fun sorting it out.  There were a myriad of small things wrong with it.  Most of these I could easily fix, some not so easily. 

The fuel system needed serious cleaning!  It had stood in the sun for a long time and there were tar deposits in the tank and carb.  All fixed now.
The brake lines were filled with something which may once have been brake fluid, but looked more like old engine oil now.

The speedo is broken.  The circlip from the tripmeter assembly had fallen between the magnet and the follower, jamming it up solid.  So the needle was forced against the stop till it fell off and the delicate little spiral spring on the shaft had been well and truly buggered.  I wonder if it's repairable?

The battery surprised me by responding to some TLC and is now actually able to start the motor.  It was flat-flat and when I prised it open it was seriously dry, despite being a "sealed" unit.  Usually a battery is toast at this stage but this was a real Lazarus!

Electrics - broken wires, dead remote starter switch etc etc have taken a bit of time to fix, but I think everything now works.

Still got to do the forks, but they can wait a little bit, as can the chalky plastics.

Took it out for a sneaky little ride around the neighbourhood today.  It's so different to the DS and street bikes I'm used to.  The closest bike in feel that I've ridden is a DRZ400.  This just feels sharper somehow.  It feels very responsive and agile.  Plenty of torque and the motor feels good.

I'd ridden it to warm the oil before draining it, but then I found that the sump-plug takes an 11mm Allen key.  I've never seen an 11mm Allen key in my life!  I don't even have a 7/16".  I'll have to find one tomorrow.

I've still got to get the papers from the previous owner - wish me luck here - before I can take it in for roadworthy. 

I can't wait to get it into its element!

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 06:45:35 am »
Pleased you are getting up close and personal with her - best way to learn all the quirks! Re the plastics I believe there are ways to renovate them pretty well... fine water paper and heatgun or something like that? Maybe post question on Tech thread.

Online sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 08:19:30 am »
The allen key is Italian heritage, Alfa Romeo's also use the allen keys for drain bolts in the later models. There are two drain plugs, the other is a 14 mm socket if the motor is the same as the later models.
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline MrBig

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:02 am »
You sure it's not 12mm?

on my 610 I needed a 12mm hex key to remove the sump plug as well as the front wheel
"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 10:56:36 am »
Ja, I've done the heatgun treatment before.  It works quite well as long as your hand is steady and light!

No, it's 11!  I laid on the ground trying to get the 12 to fit but no go.  Eventually I got the vernier and measured it.
Like most mechanics I have the usual 10, 12, 13 and 14mm keys, but no 11.  This strangeness apart, I like that the drain plug is a hex socket so it doesn't get abraded and damaged.  And the other plug is an ordinary 12 Hex which is so vas I'm going to buy a 6 sided socket to get it loose without buggering up the nut.  I will probably have to use an impact driver. 

I haven't even looked at the front axle yet.

The indicators flash very slow because they're small bulbs which draw too little current.  Either I must find a more sympathetic flasher unit or insert resistors in parallel with the lights to increase the load.

Offline TK

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:42 pm »
Nice one there and have an absolute ball with it as they are worth it.

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »
[quote author= And the other plug is an ordinary 12 Hex which is so vas I'm going to buy a 6 sided socket to get it loose without buggering up the nut.  I will probably have to use an impact driver. 

[/quote]

Use the heat gun on it as well and a long breaker bar.

Online sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »
Can you guys confirm the allen key drain plug is a 11mm ? I have being using a 10mm and it worked fine  :-[
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north