Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wicked Cycles Cape - unhappy.........????  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Wicked Cycles Cape - unhappy.........????
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:18 am »
As you all know we're putting together my son's XT550.............  so last week we went riding around looking for a Rev Counter drive gear (hen's teeth) and ended up at Wicked Cycles to see whether they could perhaps assist.......... well they could not, however my son spotted a repro-Rev Counter the same as the XT's and as we needed a Rev counter, we decided to dip into the funds and buy the unit for R339.00 from Wicked.

Over the weekend a very kind soul donated a secondhand but fully functional Rev counter for the XT - nogal original part.....

On Monday, Dirk took the new unit and invoice back to Wicked to explain that he'd managed to find a seondhand unit and asked them whether they could please refund him for the new unit which was still in the packaging and unopened..........

They refused - telling him they'd already ordered new stock (sic - bullshit) and that he should sell it on Gumtree if he wanted his money back.......... :patch:  Not even willing to negotiate or offer voucher or other items in lieu...........   >:(

The kid works at Butlers FFS........ that's a huge chunk of his funds and whats more is that Startline actually supply and sell these Repro units which is where Wicked probably get's it from in the first place ..........................

Stuff them...........  will not support them again  :deal:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:21:24 am by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline Pullaway

Re: Wicked Cycles Cape - what Bullsh@t.........????
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:10 am »
Goose, I think it is a bit unfair of you to complain about this! From the dealers perspective you now expect them to sit with two of these items, as they already ordered another, and it definitely do not sound like fast moving stock. Maybe gumtree is not such a bad idea, as I would say it is a bit unfair of you, to expect the dealer to buy this item, he doesn't need from you.
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline ahlbebuck

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:22:05 am »
If you're interested, pm me a list of spares you need and I will pass it on to a chap here in Nelspruit who has a large bike scrapyard where I have found some hens teeth before. No promises, but I know how hard it is to find old bike spares and any lead helps.  :thumleft:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:51:25 am »
Goose, I think it is a bit unfair of you to complain about this! From the dealers perspective you now expect them to sit with two of these items, as they already ordered another, and it definitely do not sound like fast moving stock. Maybe gumtree is not such a bad idea, as I would say it is a bit unfair of you, to expect the dealer to buy this item, he doesn't need from you.

I doubt it's fast moving stock mate........  really - Startline has a heap in stock (checked when I went to buy a bunch of spares) - and I bet you that if we go and check in another week's time - that item will not have been replaced....?

I always thought it was about customer service...........  hell even if they offered an exchange for say a pair of gloves he would have been grateful...... 
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline The Rock

• Peter: a masculine given name, derived from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning "Rock".
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Revelation 19
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:04 am »
kak man! dis net swak diens! punt!

ek laaik ook nie daai plek nie!

btw, ek het 2 maande terug hand guard by startline gekoop, dit oopgemaak en gepas op my bike. dit pas toe nie en toe sit ek dit terug in die plastiek houer en staple dit weer toe en vat dit terug en kry my geld terug - no problem.

toe gaan koop ek hand guards by adv rider - selfde storie - geen probleem!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:02:26 am by kaalkoejawel »
Honda XL650V Transalp
Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
Gomoto X-act 200
Yamaha F310

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 09:00:29 am »

I doubt it's fast moving stock mate........  really - Startline has a heap in stock (checked when I went to buy a bunch of spares) - and I bet you that if we go and check in another week's time - that item will not have been replaced....?

I always thought it was about customer service...........  hell even if they offered an exchange for say a pair of gloves he would have been grateful...... 
Sure, If you think it is fast moving stock  the dealer could probably do you a favour, just a bit harsh to expect the favour from them - remember, in reality the customer is very seldom right!

Offline mr.i

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 09:16:48 am »

Sure, If you think it is fast moving stock  the dealer could probably do you a favour, just a bit harsh to expect the favour from them - remember, in reality the customer is very seldom right!

this is just bad service  ....... by picking up the phone he could have cancelled his alleged reorder.

i think you can go back in 2 weeks and find that he doesn't stock that item anymore.

if you are a good customer at startline, maybe they will take it back .... sometimes happens.

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:27:14 am »

Conversly, if the company in question had been willing to negotiate - even a return fee or whatever, Goose would probably support them in the future. Sometimes the suppliers seem to forget that the customer supports them and it is in their interest to help the customer where possible. I understand the re-order system too though - and it could also be possible to cancel the re-order from the manufacturer if they had been inclined.....
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Eendstop

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Too many fools around
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:31 am »
Pullaway, how much of the stock in this loser business do you own? ;D :peepwall:

Seriously poor business decision made by them. They have already lost much more potential business through this already.

IMO  NOT the way to treat ANY customer, unless you're trying to commit commercial suicide, that is :deal:
Thought so, tough behind a keyboard, but no balls.......

Offline Wayne

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 09:42:17 am »
Kak service. Let your wallet do the talking.
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Online edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:00 am »
If you're interested, pm me a list of spares you need and I will pass it on to a chap here in Nelspruit who has a large bike scrapyard where I have found some hens teeth before. No promises, but I know how hard it is to find old bike spares and any lead helps.  :thumleft:
I would love to find the rear carrier rack for my `84 model XT600 Tenere!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Aprilian

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • 1200 BMX
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 10:02:09 am »
In defense of Mo and Wicked Cycles- always had very good service and cooperation from them  :thumleft:. Peter, speak to Mo (not the other dude with a name that starts with Mo..... which I forget) and explain the situation- Im sure he will accomodate you. More often than not his prices come up trumps.
Surely if I was obsessed with motorcycles I’d have more than one; no two; no three; no no, four… ah, never mind…

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:54 am »
Isn't there a clause in the CPA that allows you to return goods?

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:11:28 am »
take the goods back , and demand your money back ...... end of story .......  its the right thing to do  klaar
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Red Adventure

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 10:18:39 am »
kak man! dis net swak diens! punt!

ek laaik ook nie daai plek nie!

btw, ek het 2 maande terug hand guard by Startline gekoop, dit oopgemaak en gepas op my bike. dit pas toe nie en toe sit ek dit terug in die plastiek houer en staple dit weer toe en vat dit terug en kry my geld terug - no problem.

Same service from them more than once  :thumleft:
Cheers
Charl M Smit
Iron Butt Ride
Lesotho

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 10:22:05 am »
Goose, give me the product and invoice, I will get your bucks back
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Hope

• Race Dog
  • HOPE is what you got left after every thing failed
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 10:25:27 am »
Weet nie of dit by die besigheid ook die geval is nie, maar by baie besighede kry die verkoops persoon kommisie op sy verkope. Daarom sal hy dalk nie die produk terug neem nie, want dan verloor hy sy kommisie op die produk.  Gaan na die eienaar om dit terug te gee. Hy sal dalk meer inskiklik wees om dit terug te neem, as die verkoops personeel.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:28:46 am by Hope »
When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers."Try it one more time".
It is nothing to fall, as long as you stand up one more time than you fall.
People that judge don't matter. People that matter don't judge.
I have not failed 1000 times, I found 1000 ways that wont work.
HOPE is what you've got left when nothing else is working out right.

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:07 am »
Pullaway, how much of the stock in this loser business do you own? ;D :peepwall:

Seriously poor business decision made by them. They have already lost much more potential business through this already.

IMO  NOT the way to treat ANY customer, unless you're trying to commit commercial suicide, that is :deal:
No share there, don't even know them! :thumleft: I agree it is often good to bend over backwards for a customer, in the name of customer service. I totally disagree that a customer should start to expect these kind of favours from a business?
Too many favours, and to little straight honest business could also mean the end of a business! If the goods were correctly supplied and a customer wish to return it, for his own personal reasons, the business is under no obligation to take it back! Maybe this place see good customer service, as supplying new goods to all their customers (instead of goods that has been out of the shop - secondhand)?

Online RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:04 am »
If the goods were correctly supplied and a customer wish to return it, for his own personal reasons, the business is under no obligation to take it back!
But a good businessman will do so if the product is not opened, he can ask a return fee though.

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Wheelie Everything.
    • Clutch Up
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:59 am »
Lol, MO says NO