Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wicked Cycles Cape - unhappy.........????  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
Re: Wicked Cycles Cape - what Bullsh@t.........????
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 11:14:26 am »
Pullaway, how much of the stock in this loser business do you own? ;D :peepwall:

Seriously poor business decision made by them. They have already lost much more potential business through this already.

IMO  NOT the way to treat ANY customer, unless you're trying to commit commercial suicide, that is :deal:
No share there, don't even know them! :thumleft: I agree it is often good to bend over backwards for a customer, in the name of customer service. I totally disagree that a customer should start to expect these kind of favours from a business?
Too many favours, and to little straight honest business could also mean the end of a business! If the goods were correctly supplied and a customer wish to return it, for his own personal reasons, the business is under no obligation to take it back! Maybe this place see good customer service, as supplying new goods to all their customers (instead of goods that has been out of the shop - secondhand)?

I am not sure this is correct, the consumer protection act makes provision for goods to be returned to the supplier.The client may have just said he did'nt want it anymore but don't have that right ?.. or am I wrong?

Either way, ask Mo nicely and I am sure he will..
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:24 am »
If the goods were correctly supplied and a customer wish to return it, for his own personal reasons, the business is under no obligation to take it back!
But a good businessman will do so if the product is not opened, he can ask a return fee though.

Agreed.......... and although it was only about a week (purchased on the previous Saturday) .......... I've always tried my very best to accomodate my clients.
What companies in SA seem to forget is that by treating your client's well.... would probably mean that that client will come back time and again.... and that client becomes your bread & butter.

Travel, distance etc is never a problem if there's good service and one feels at home............  I hope that by the products and service I've supplied to WD's that I have a fairly reasonable reputation....... and will always try to help and resolve issues even at my own expense... it's just good business sense!

Fuzzy.........  we'll chat mate - thanks for the offer....   :thumleft:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:30 am »
Look at it from their point, you asked for a product, they helped you out, supplied something that will work, later you decided you don't need it anymore, for whatever reason, not that the item they supplied was faulty, so in essence they need not refund you. You are actually just asking them to do you a favour, they don't want to, their choice....

I understand where you are coming from, but if I supplied an item to somebody, the transaction is completed after he/she has paid, anything after that becomes a new transaction, where I have the choice to supply or not.
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline ahlbebuck

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 12:00:22 pm »
If you're interested, pm me a list of spares you need and I will pass it on to a chap here in Nelspruit who has a large bike scrapyard where I have found some hens teeth before. No promises, but I know how hard it is to find old bike spares and any lead helps.  :thumleft:
I would love to find the rear carrier rack for my `84 model XT600 Tenere!

You know, on second thought I will rather post the name and number of the guy here. Just now I get suckered into finding a longweight or diesel spark plugs!  :imaposer:

Anyone looking for weird spares contact: Willie at Farmer's Bike in Nelspruit. Cell: 083 707 2831.  :thumleft:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 12:05:07 pm »
Aha... Googled this gem! :deal:
http://www.getclosure.co.za/blog/2010/01/21/consumer-protection-act-series-10-right-to-return-goods/

"According to Chapter 2, Section 56, a consumer can return goods to a supplier within 6 months of their delivery, if the goods fail to satisfy the agreed standards and requirements (which state that the goods must be in good working order, free of defects etc – see Section 55 for details). This return must take place without penalty and at the supplier’s risk and expense."

Having obtained a similar product at no cost or less cost constitutes failing to satisfy the agreed standards and requirements. :deal:

Seller beware! if the returned product is 100% re-salable you have to refund! :deal:

As I mentioned before, any shop that has any customer relations savvy will just grin and bear it, a happy customer is worth another 10. An unhappy customer can cost you 100 lost sales!

Yep, the new CPA is a bitch for shopkeepers but is not unreasonable to those that keep their side clean either.

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »
One should distinguish between good customer service, and expecting favours( a bit of an African mentality). To me good service stops at: Friendly and efficient service at the right price; Sound technical advice on the product concerned. Good quality products. After that there is nothing wrong with asking favours, but expecting it! :eek7: And to run to a publike forum if you don't get your way! :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: In the long run if some people don't expect more than just honest business, and good customer service  from a business, maybe things can get cheaper!
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »
One should distinguish between good customer service, and expecting favours( a bit of an African mentality). To me good service stops at: Friendly and efficient service at the right price; Sound technical advice on the product concerned. Good quality products. After that there is nothing wrong with asking favours, but expecting it! :eek7: And to run to a publike forum if you don't get your way! :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: :eek7: In the long run if some people don't expect more than just honest business, and good customer service  from a business, maybe things can get cheaper!

but goose is not asking for a favour.
he is well within his rights to return the goods whether the shopkeeper likes it or not.

Offline Aquatic

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:50 pm »
Wicked would have made more money if they had said " Sorry can't refund you, but your are welcome to swap for something of same value or higher and just pay the difference! I can even give you a credit note that is valid for 6 months"
Chances are the kid loses the credit note(sorry Goose) and doesn't use it any way! They are up the sale and the stock, and the customer is unhappy, but not at them!

Dumbass move on their part. My 2c
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »
Wicked would have made more money if they had said " Sorry can't refund you, but your are welcome to swap for something of same value or higher and just pay the difference! I can even give you a credit note that is valid for 6 months"
Chances are the kid loses the credit note(sorry Goose) and doesn't use it any way! They are up the sale and the stock, and the customer is unhappy, but not at them!

This is a reasonable solution imo, we do this all the time, and I have had this result from other suppliers (WOA Centurion) and I went back there willingly and many more times! By giving a Credit Slip, the supplier ensures the customers return - easy way to keep the client happy!
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »

This is a reasonable solution imo, we do this all the time, and I have had this result from other suppliers (WOA Centurion) and I went back there willingly and many more times! By giving a Credit Slip, the supplier ensures the customers return - easy way to keep the client happy!
I hear all the arguments but in fact the CPA is very clear, if the customer returns something in good order he is entitled to a full refund, even if originally he was happy with the product.
He is bringing it back because he does not need/want it anymore for some reason or another, i.e. he is no longer happy with what he bought... that is sufficient reason.
If however it is no longer in the original packing or otherwise would need costs to re sell the seller is entitled to ask a return fee.
It would pay shops to go and read the Act more carefully. :deal:

Offline J-dog

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 01:41:39 pm »
http://www.getclosure.co.za/blog/2010/01/21/consumer-protection-act-series-10-right-to-return-goods/

"According to Chapter 2, Section 56, a consumer can return goods to a supplier within 6 months of their delivery, if the goods fail to satisfy the agreed standards and requirements (which state that the goods must be in good working order, free of defects etc – see Section 55 for details). This return must take place without penalty and at the supplier’s risk and expense."

Having obtained a similar product at no cost or less cost constitutes failing to satisfy the agreed standards and requirements. :deal:

Seller beware! if the returned product is 100% re-salable you have to refund! :deal:

As I mentioned before, any shop that has any customer relations savvy will just grin and bear it, a happy customer is worth another 10. An unhappy customer can cost you 100 lost sales!

Yep, the new CPA is a bitch for shopkeepers but is not unreasonable to those that keep their side clean either.

what a joke. If I buy a camera from Jules, then find that Warrick sells the same camera for R10 cheaper, 6 months later, because a new model came out, I have the right to return the un-used camera to Jules and he has to take it back because he didn't satisfy standards/requirements?????

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

what a joke. If I buy a camera from Jules, then find that Warrick sells the same camera for R10 cheaper, 6 months later, because a new model came out, I have the right to return the un-used camera to Jules and he has to take it back because he didn't satisfy standards/requirements?????

Isn't there some other clause that takes into consideration buyer's remorse?

Offline Aquatic

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:58 pm »

I hear all the arguments but in fact the CPA is very clear, if the customer returns something in good order he is entitled to a full refund, even if originally he was happy with the product.
He is bringing it back because he does not need/want it anymore for some reason or another, i.e. he is no longer happy with what he bought... that is sufficient reason.
If however it is no longer in the original packing or otherwise would need costs to re sell the seller is entitled to ask a return fee.
It would pay shops to go and read the Act more carefully. :deal:

I agree with you 100%
All I said was if they really wanted to screw the the customer over, let it be the customers fault!
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:35 pm »
If it was the same model yes... and the caveat is unused in the sealed box. Otherwise the shop can say "take a hike" with good reason.
I believe the case in question is a valid refund return, especially as it was done within 10 days.

I for one am putting Wicked Cycles on my "do not shop there" list, right alongside good ole Ray's place. >:D

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 02:34:46 pm »
I agree with the comment that suppliers and consumers should educate themselves on the CPA.. I checked and Goose is well within his rights legally to return the product.. this is not a favour, it is a right.

Also to all these okes who repair bikes ( as some may or may not know I own a bike workshop, well until I get bought out in a few months ) so I have been looking closely at the CPA.. do a complete fault find and detailed job card before you do any work, client must sign disclaimer on existing damage etc on bike, save yourselves.. educate.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Hope

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • HOPE is what you got left after every thing failed
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 02:42:53 pm »
Ek is glad nie 'n expert op die gebied nie, maar die verkoper het darem ook regte. Ek het al 2 cpa klagtes suksesvol afgeweer. En 'n goedkoper prys gee nie die verbruiker die reg om 'n artikel terug te bring nie. En indien jy wat ook al binne 6 maande terug neem ( praat nie van swak vakmanskap nie)  kan die verkoper huur vra van die koper vir die tydperk wat die item in sy sorg was.
When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers."Try it one more time".
It is nothing to fall, as long as you stand up one more time than you fall.
People that judge don't matter. People that matter don't judge.
I have not failed 1000 times, I found 1000 ways that wont work.
HOPE is what you've got left when nothing else is working out right.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:08 pm »
I agree with the comment that suppliers and consumers should educate themselves on the CPA.. I checked and Goose is well within his rights legally to return the product.. this is not a favour, it is a right.

Also to all these okes who repair bikes ( as some may or may not know I own a bike workshop, well until I get bought out in a few months ) so I have been looking closely at the CPA.. do a complete fault find and detailed job card before you do any work, client must sign disclaimer on existing damage etc on bike, save yourselves.. educate.

My boet is a motor mac. He also does a full check now. Only fits new parts too.
No more brake drum/disk skimming as he cannot give a 12 month warranty on that anymore.

He is doing a little less work now but has far fewer comebacks now too.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 02:47:44 pm »
Ek is glad nie 'n expert op die gebied nie, maar die verkoper het darem ook regte. Ek het al 2 cpa klagtes suksesvol afgeweer. En 'n goedkoper prys gee nie die verbruiker die reg om 'n artikel terug te bring nie. En indien jy wat ook al binne 6 maande terug neem ( praat nie van swak vakmanskap nie)  kan die verkoper huur vra van die koper vir die tydperk wat die item in sy sorg was.
Gaan lees meer op dan. Maak jouself 100% vertroud daarmee. Daar is wel tye wat 'n laer prys die verbruiker die reg gee om goedere terug te bring.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »
Just one last thing from me on this

I purchased long pants from Cape Union Mart a long time ago before this whole CPA thing.. I did not wear them for a few weeks as I lost a load of weight so they were now too big.

When I get the chance I went back to swap for a smaller size.. when I get there the product was on sale.. wow, 50% off.

Not only did they exchange it but because they gave me a credit at the original purchase price they gave me my new smaller size at the discount.. so I walked out with 2 pairs..

Now how many suppliers do thet

Kudios Cape Union Mart.

Mo @ wicked Cycles.. catch a wake up.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 03:02:01 pm »
Just one last thing from me on this

I purchased long pants from Cape Union Mart a long time ago before this whole CPA thing.. I did not wear them for a few weeks as I lost a load of weight so they were now too big.

When I get the chance I went back to swap for a smaller size.. when I get there the product was on sale.. wow, 50% off.

Not only did they exchange it but because they gave me a credit at the original purchase price they gave me my new smaller size at the discount.. so I walked out with 2 pairs..

Now how many suppliers do thet

Kudios Cape Union Mart.

Mo @ wicked Cycles.. catch a wake up.
That is customer satisfaction! :thumleft:
I have always had a good shopping experience from them as well, the only place I buy mohair blend hiking socks.