Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wicked Cycles Cape - unhappy.........????  (Read 2492 times)

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
Re: Wicked Cycles Cape - what Bullsh@t.........????
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »
Verkeerd. Hy moet kan bewys dat hy onder 'n wanindruk gebring is deur die verkoopspersoneel, of dat die voertuig nie voldoen aan die spesifikasies nie
Ummm neee... lees my cut and paste... die ou kan net se "it does not meet my requirements", einde van die storie solank dit binne 10 dae gebeur en dit is nog 100% verpak. Maar nie vleis of huise nie. :mwink:

Offline Hope

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • HOPE is what you got left after every thing failed
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 04:27:52 pm »
Verkeerd. Hy moet kan bewys dat hy onder 'n wanindruk gebring is deur die verkoopspersoneel, of dat die voertuig nie voldoen aan die spesifikasies nie
Ummm neee... lees my cut and paste... die ou kan net se "it does not meet my requirements", einde van die storie solank dit binne 10 dae gebeur en dit is nog 100% verpak. Maar nie vleis of huise nie. :mwink:

Nou maak ons vordering Die 100% verpakking sluit nou baie produkte uit :mwink: :thumleft:
When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers."Try it one more time".
It is nothing to fall, as long as you stand up one more time than you fall.
People that judge don't matter. People that matter don't judge.
I have not failed 1000 times, I found 1000 ways that wont work.
HOPE is what you've got left when nothing else is working out right.

Offline Hope

• Race Dog
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »

Nou maak ons vordering Die 100% verpakking sluit nou baie produkte uit :mwink: :thumleft:

Ek het 3 weke terug 'n nuwe motor gekoop, en die agentskappe se dokumentasie wat jy teken voor jy 'n motor koop is al weer klaar die CPA wetgewing voor.  (Praat nie van in die geval van 'n swak produk nie)

Offline Hope

• Race Dog
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »
IMO some of you make more of this CPA than it is worth, in SA where the legal system is so farked up, how long do you think it would take, if ever, to get a court date for R400.00 odd rand, for a borderline case at best? The guy did not sell a faulty part, YOU decided you didn't want it any more....so therefore the CPA is being used because you changed your mind....over R400.00.....
Hear what you say but the law does not say the customer has to prove why he wants his money back in the case of a product returned in a resalable condition. The mere fact that he is demanding a refund is enough.
This of course does not apply for perishable goods... like I said... do as I did... rtfm. :mwink:
So you think you can buy a puncture repair kit and tire levers,
then take it back after a trip if you did'nt use it like cheap insurance.  :lamer:

From one of the CPA advisory sites;
[i]3) Goods do not meet particular purpose.

In terms of s55(3) (read with s20)  of the CPA, if a consumer informs a supplier that the goods are being bought to fufill a particular purpose, and the suppliers advises that the goods will meet this particular purpose then:

10 days after receiving the goods
    the consumer can return the goods if it is not suitable for the particular purpose
    the consumer can cancel without penalty, and
    the supplier is liable for the costs of returning the goods

It is important to note that despite the above, the consumer is not entitled to return goods for any of the above reasons (1)-(3)  if:

for reasons of public health or  public regulation prohibits the return of those goods to a supplier once they have been supplied to a consumer, or
    after having been supplied to a consumer, the goods have been partially or entirely disassembled, altered, added or combined with other goods or property.[/i]

I am not saying this is cosher at all, I am just stating what the rights of the consumer are in such a case as mentioned at the start of the thread. :deal:
I feel for the shops, I think it is a bad deal to have to accept perfectly good stuff back but that is what the law says they have to do does it not? >:D :mwink:
[/quote

]Verkeerd. Hy moet kan bewys dat hy onder 'n wanindruk gebring is deur die verkoopspersoneel, of dat die voertuig nie voldoen aan die spesifikasies nie

Offline Eish

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 08:31:12 pm »
In defense of Mo and Wicked Cycles- always had very good service and cooperation from them  :thumleft:. Peter, speak to Mo (not the other dude with a name that starts with Mo..... which I forget) and explain the situation- Im sure he will accomodate you. More often than not his prices come up trumps.
+1 always had good service from Mo

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 08:46:36 pm »
"Goods do not meet particular purpose"
This would be if the client was brought under the wrong impression imho.
"Goods do not meet spesific specification" different story
"it does not meet my requirements" Is this also part of this silly act? Why  buy it in the first instance then?
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline Carrol

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • PJLHF - my "mantra"
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »
Some things that you can never return for the same price:
A car
Maybe a computer

Offline mr.i

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2012, 11:04:49 pm »

Nou maak ons vordering Die 100% verpakking sluit nou baie produkte uit :mwink: :thumleft:j

the speedo sold still meets the requirement.

the requirement is that it works on the xt550. the buyer agreed and bought it. the shop never lied about the requirement being met.

the fact that the guy found another speedo doesn't alter the requirement of speedo bought from the shop.

i think there is a difference between 'requirement' and 'need' as in 'I don't need it anymore'

Offline immigrant

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2012, 12:09:49 am »
Forget about the CPA, the law etc. etc.
The fact of the matter is this: This thread has been read almost 700 times. the feeling amongst the dogs are 50% in favour of Wicked, and 50% in favour of Goose's son. The 50% in favour of Wicked is people that already shop there, so Mo gains nothing. The 50% in favour of goose's son will not shop there anymore or will never shop there in the future. So in theory, Wicked lost thousands of rands in business and hundreds of thousands of rands in referrals because of a stupid little speedo that was still unused in original packaging.
So, what is the lesson all dealers should learn here? Treat your customer the way you like to be treated. The dealer wants MY money, and I will spend it where I want next time. as simple as that :thumleft:
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline Moondog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 02:19:17 am »
The way that someone like Goose's son gets treated simply shows their business philosophy - Customer for the day or Customer for life - arguing the consumer act over R400 is a waste of time IMHO.

Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2012, 06:20:27 am »
IMO the service at Wicked Cycles Cape is one sighted with no or little interest towards the consumer, which will cost them in the long run.

BUT

RobC, I think you got it wrong, that is if I read this part correct. 

From one of the CPA advisory sites;
[i]3) Goods do not meet particular purpose.

In terms of s55(3) (read with s20)  of the CPA, if a consumer informs a supplier that the goods are being bought to fufill a particular purpose, and the suppliers advises that the goods will meet this particular purpose then:

10 days after receiving the goods
    the consumer can return the goods if it is not suitable for the particular purpose
    the consumer can cancel without penalty, and
    the supplier is liable for the costs of returning the goods

If I read the above extract, the supplier, in this case, is not at fault   8), but something that will cost them in the long run.
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2012, 08:59:34 am »
but something that will cost them in the long run.

Agreed. :thumleft:

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Wheelie Everything.
    • Clutch Up
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 09:38:07 pm »
Has this thing come to any resolutions or are we kicking the doors in and taking our money back?  :imaposer:

Offline Alan

• Race Dog
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 10:08:03 pm »
9 days ago, I walked in with the missus, tried on some ladies riding boots. They didn't have her size (6). I asked them to order a pair, as I have bought my two pairs of boots from Mo previously. Personally speaking, Mo seems cool, but it's the monkeys he's hired that are his loss. The guy said he'd get them down from JHB, should be here Monday past. I left him my business card, and left.
I called back Monday. "Oh sorry, the couriers stuffed up because of the Public Holiday last week, should be here tomorrow, we'll call you."

I'm still waiting, and NO, I won't call them back. ???

Alan

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2012, 07:26:30 pm »
Has this thing come to any resolutions or are we kicking the doors in and taking our money back?  :imaposer:

Not really - I normally live by the philosophy that I give someone a chance........... once............. if they don't come to the party out of their own then I will not give them a second chance if they try to resolve the issue simply to save face.

If I ask someone for a quote........ then I hope they give me their best service and price..... if they miss the bus and someone else will get the job based on better service and quote....... then don't come back to me to say you'll sharpen your pencil to get the job.

My son was adamant that he was told to sell the part on Gumtree........ no negotiation and he was not offered a refund less a handling fee as Mo alleges............ so now the issue becomes a "he says - she says" which I prefer not to stoop down to......

I will probably sell the Rev counter via Bid-or-buy and recoup some of the funds........... more important will be that the boots and helmet my son was eyeing at Wicked, will now be bought from Tracmac!
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2012, 07:56:35 pm »

Not really - I normally live by the philosophy that I give someone a chance........... once............. if they don't come to the party out of their own then I will not give them a second chance if they try to resolve the issue simply to save face.

If I ask someone for a quote........ then I hope they give me their best service and price..... if they miss the bus and someone else will get the job based on better service and quote....... then don't come back to me to say you'll sharpen your pencil to get the job.

My son was adamant that he was told to sell the part on Gumtree........ no negotiation and he was not offered a refund less a handling fee as Mo alleges............ so now the issue becomes a "he says - she says" which I prefer not to stoop down to......

I will probably sell the Rev counter via Bid-or-buy and recoup some of the funds........... more important will be that the boots and helmet my son was eyeing at Wicked, will now be bought from Tracmac!
I know Woolworths has got a very good return policy (that is why I don't buy there - don't like second hand stuff at new prices) maybe you can source you bike spares there in future! :imaposer: Some people like this kind of store because of their own indecisiveness, but at the end of the day you pay for that!
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline Sir Rat

• So it begins.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Sir Sir Sir
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »
You go out to buy a Rev Counter drive gear . You are perfectly happy to pay the R339.00.

Wow, to your luck you get given a Rev counter for free.  Wow!   Thumps up to that guy. :thumleft:

So you take the Rev Counter drive gear back. Wicked Cycles Cape don't want to take it back.  Yes not a good business decision by them from a customer's point. Did they make a mistake or did you?  No! No-one here is wrong and no-one made any mistakes.

You got lucky and thought maybe I can get even more lucky and get all my money back?

The way I see it is that you are scoring all the way here even if you get R200 back for the new Rev Counter drive gear. It will be R200 you are richer because of a kind act. You needed the rev-counter and had to spend money before the luck rev-counter came along..

Seeing that you chose to make this a public thing I then feel I can also have a public opinion on what you did.

I think it is in poor taste to come and shame Wicked Cycles Cape here before you even tried to go there and sort it with the owner. You where shown a very kind act and given a rev-counter, yet you chose to come here and shame others. What happened to paying forward, working things out, forgiveness, forwarding the kindness, taking responsibility for your own actions?  You bought it you where happy with it, there was no trick advertising and conning you into buying it. 

Wicked Cycles Cape was not as giving as the first person that gave the rev-counter so now they are no good?

When thinking about this forget about the CPA laws, your CPA rights, think about taking responsibility for your own actions.

Do they really deserve to be shamed?  :-\

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2012, 10:23:32 pm »
I have bought a lot of things through Mo over the years,and always had good service.He will go out of his way to source anything you need from any corner in the country.But ,and here it is,I only deal with Mo.
Find something you like,and if Mo can source it, he will and in most cases cheaper than anyone else.
In our business we clearly state that on certain non stock items we charge a handling fee,as we are from our suppliers.On custom made items we do not accept any returns,as it is made to the customers specifications,and of no value to us,our supplier or anyone else.We sometimes are way too lenient with returns,and it costs us.
Oh and by the way,The CPA is a toothless watchdog,very much like the NHBRC...
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline wrench

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Bajaj (all models)
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
The more I read on this thread the more I realise my business could be in trouble, seems like the consumer has all the right
and the business seems to have very little if none at all. I was always under the impression that a business opens it's doors to
offer a service and turn a profit, which by the way is NOT a dirty word. If 80% of customers had to return products to Wicked
Cycles or any other business for that matter they would soon have to close their doors "Don't you think"???

When shops close down it is always such a "sad day", "bad economy" and all that other bullshit!! when the consumer has
a lot to do with the demise of businesses, especially in the motorcycle industry. There is also a huge bitch when shops don't
have stock of what you want when you want it and situations like these does not make that problem any better.
 Quite honestly I am tired of customers bullying businesses with the CPA and by the way, this forum must be the place I have
heard it most.

Pete this is not taking a dig at you, just ranting a bit. The letters CPA has been thrown in my direction often lately before the
job is even done.

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2012, 07:46:11 am »
There is that saying 'the customer is always right', IMO the customer should never abuse that privilege....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!