Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wicked Cycles Cape - unhappy.........????  (Read 2487 times)

Offline lecap

Re: Wicked Cycles Cape - what Bullsh@t.........????
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:30 am »
IMO some of you make more of this CPA than it is worth, in SA where the legal system is so farked up, how long do you think it would take, if ever, to get a court date for R400.00 odd rand, for a borderline case at best? The guy did not sell a faulty part, YOU decided you didn't want it any more....so therefore the CPA is being used because you changed your mind....over R400.00.....
Hear what you say but the law does not say the customer has to prove why he wants his money back in the case of a product returned in a resalable condition. The mere fact that he is demanding a refund is enough.
This of course does not apply for perishable goods... like I said... do as I did... rtfm. :mwink:
So you think you can buy a puncture repair kit and tire levers,
then take it back after a trip if you did'nt use it like cheap insurance.  :lamer:

Just what I thought :-\

My solution: "Just open the box quickly to check it's ok / and I show you how it works / how to fit it." :evil6:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:08:44 am by lecap »
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:55 am »
nope Goose you are wrong here.  :biggrin:

most dealers will exchange or take back fast moving items like boots and clothes. But 100 year old bike clocks you can not expect of them to take back if you were happy with them at the time. They most propabpy had then for donkey years in the first place.

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2012, 09:20:40 am »
nope Goose you are wrong here.  :biggrin:

most dealers will exchange or take back fast moving items like boots and clothes. But 100 year old bike clocks you can not expect of them to take back if you were happy with them at the time. They most propabpy had then for donkey years in the first place.

Michnus - actually the clocks are not old, but a new aftermarket/Repro unit.........   :-\

Adventurer - I'm the first one to quote that saying of the customer is always right.......... however if he is unreasonable or shoves his toe over the line, then I will be the fist to cut it off.
I have never been unreasonable and try very hard to be ethical in whatever I do and whoever I do business with........

Pete this is not taking a dig at you, just ranting a bit. The letters CPA has been thrown in my direction often lately before the
job is even done.

No offense or dig taken at all......... you for one would know the way I deal........ when you offered to test all those bikes on the Dyno..... I refused and got everyone to contribute........ I believe in fair play and good service, which is something you've always done and in fact gone out of your way to give!

@ R-O-V Rat
NMate - have you read the original post here..........  my young, inexperienced son took the unit back and explained the whole issue with the unit........ HE was offered no solution or resolve other than selling the "new-unused-unopened" item on Gumtree. I bet you that if I went into the shop to reason things out - it would probably have been resolved.......... MY BITCH is that a youngster was stonewalled and was probably seen as an easy target.

I often buy goods from companies.......... in excess quantities and probably tools and stuff I will not need for a specific job...... why - simply to save me time so that "if" I need it for the job - I'll have it handy instead of constantly having to jump in the car and drive back to suppliers to get stuff I'd forgotten......... once the job's complete, I'll take all the new/unopened/excess goods back for a return or refund.

Why is this such a problem for so many?  ???

I have NEVER taken back or expected goods that have been specifically ordered for me to be refunded or credited.......... case-in-point is a lot of stuff I ordered from Fuzzy at Yamaha.............. nearly 70% of these items have been sourced elsewhere in the 2 weeks we waited for the goods to arrive......... in fact I could have requested some of the items be cancelled from the order, but did not as I thought it to be ethically wrong! (not that Yamaha would have a problem selling it later)

Had my son been offered an alternative - other goods in lieu of the value or even a handling charge - I would not have had a problem at all..............

In my opinion many companies need to wake up and they should decide whether they want a client that will give them long-term income or whether they have short-term goals for income.........?

I've had my say in the matter though and wished to vent my feelings with regard to the issue............ and for the soft-hearted... the title's been chaned too!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:23:33 am by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Wicked Cycles Cape - unhappy.........????
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2012, 09:25:05 am »
This rev counter, is it electronic? If so, I'm looking for one to fit onto an XT660.....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:39 am »
I mean it's for an old bike not?  :)

Suck it up, this time jy het kak gemaak, not their fault  :biggrin:

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2012, 09:44:29 am »
This rev counter, is it electronic? If so, I'm looking for one to fit onto an XT660.....

Nope sorry K - it's the same unit as used on most of the DT's, XT550/600 etc

same as this one on the right for DT125/175  .  http://www.startline.co.za/tacho_speedo.html

Michnus - check the link above.......  generic new units mate.........

"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2012, 09:45:57 am »
It's all very well to request your money back, but to rubbish this dealer because they refused may be a bit OTT, I don't know them at all, but from what other guys here say, they are very helpful.....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Sir Rat

• So it begins.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Sir Sir Sir
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47:29 am »
Reading whitedelights post it is interesting how people see things so very different.

To me this makes me think, is it the way the customer he/she handles themselves or is it the shop?  :-\

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2012, 09:50:09 am »
yes,yes, but how many of those unit you possible think they can sell in a year for those old bikes?  ;)

Kom no, se maar jy is jammer en het die hoender se hol geruk omdat jy eerder bier wou koop met die 300RONT  :biggrin:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2012, 09:57:03 am »

Nope sorry K - it's the same unit as used on most of the DT's, XT550/600 etc

same as this one on the right for DT125/175  .  http://www.startline.co.za/tacho_speedo.html

Michnus - check the link above.......  generic new units mate.........

Pity, I would have taken it off your hands if it fitted an XT 660...

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:24 am »
yes,yes, but how many of those unit you possible think they can sell in a year for those old bikes?  ;)

Kom no, se maar jy is jammer en het die hoender se hol geruk omdat jy eerder bier wou koop met die 300RONT  :biggrin:

Offline Red Adventure

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2012, 11:42:10 am »
IMO some of you make more of this CPA than it is worth, in SA where the legal system is so farked up, how long do you think it would take, if ever, to get a court date for R400.00 odd rand, for a borderline case at best? The guy did not sell a faulty part, YOU decided you didn't want it any more....so therefore the CPA is being used because you changed your mind....over R400.00.....
Hear what you say but the law does not say the customer has to prove why he wants his money back in the case of a product returned in a resalable condition. The mere fact that he is demanding a refund is enough.
This of course does not apply for perishable goods... like I said... do as I did... rtfm. :mwink:
So you think you can buy a puncture repair kit and tire levers,
then take it back after a trip if you did'nt use it
like cheap insurance.  :lamer:

Have you got stock, I'll return them next Tuesday? :pot:
Cheers
Charl M Smit
Iron Butt Ride
Lesotho

Offline Andre.Bike

• Race Dog
  • BMW R1200GS Adventure LC
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 12:42:51 pm »
Bad service!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. The only person that is with us our entire life, is ourselves-be ALIVE while you are alive. :-)
2019KTM 1290R, 2017 Bmw R1200 GSA LC, 2018 Honda Africa Twin, 2014(Sold),  Bmw R1200GSA LC(Sold)
2011 Bmw R1200GSA(sold), Honda CRF 450R(sold)
2010 Bmw F800GS(sold)
2009 F650 Dakar(sold) 1984 RZ50(sold)1999 PE175(sold)

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »
Bad service!!!

If this was a forum vendor we would be less likely to judge before hearing all sides of the story.We are all slating someone on a tale from one person(son) to the other(father).
I work in the retail industry ,and my opinion is the customer is king,but the customer is not always right.I cannot judge Goose's son or Goose on their account of the story,just like I cannot judge the vendor that is under review here.
But sometimes it is easier just to sit behind a keyboard and say bad service,maybe it was not.

I tend to do a lot of research on anything I would like to buy(in business too),so I like to think I am informed on the product in question,as well as the vendor I intend to use.Should there be any doubt about the purchase,I hold back until I am informed enough to go ahead with the transaction.
It is just shit luck if something better comes along after the transaction has taken place.I bought a Nuvi 215 for the missus a while back.The price was dropped from R1899-00 to R1499-00,to me the perceived saving warranted me buying the product.The next month the price had dropped a further R200-00,my bad luck.I had done a search and found the price I had paid was the best I could find at the time of buying,so some you win and some you lose.Shit happens....
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 04:03:54 pm »
I haven't read the whole thread but surely the law is they must refund you. Finished & kla.
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline Oshkosh

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2012, 05:02:22 pm »
Bad service!!!

If this was a forum vendor we would be less likely to judge before hearing all sides of the story.We are all slating someone on a tale from one person(son) to the other(father).
I work in the retail industry ,and my opinion is the customer is king,but the customer is not always right.I cannot judge Goose's son or Goose on their account of the story,just like I cannot judge the vendor that is under review here.
But sometimes it is easier just to sit behind a keyboard and say bad service,maybe it was not.

I tend to do a lot of research on anything I would like to buy(in business too),so I like to think I am informed on the product in question,as well as the vendor I intend to use.Should there be any doubt about the purchase,I hold back until I am informed enough to go ahead with the transaction.
It is just shit luck if something better comes along after the transaction has taken place.I bought a Nuvi 215 for the missus a while back.The price was dropped from R1899-00 to R1499-00,to me the perceived saving warranted me buying the product.The next month the price had dropped a further R200-00,my bad luck.I had done a search and found the price I had paid was the best I could find at the time of buying,so some you win and some you lose.Shit happens....

+1000  :thumleft:
2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"

Offline Trippple XC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:09 pm »
I have not read the entire thread and i dont know how much Goose buys from the shop ?
If you spend plenty money with someone i think you can expect him to do a "favour" and return it and issue a refund.
If you spend minimal amount of money i believe the sale was concluded as you went to his premises and bought the item ,he helped you solve a problem and when the "game plan " changed on your side you then wanted a refund???

How can you define this as bad service?

Another aspect of this is it will teach your son the ability to learn from "lifes " mistakes and to learn how to negotiate and barter.

i dont think it is fair to then slate the company on line
My 2C worth.

Thanks for the good service Goose last time i ordered the Toobes from you
"Ride on ' Rough-shod if need be,smooth shod if that will do,but ride on 'Ride over all obstacles,and win the race'"- Charles Dickens

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »
No comment on the service, but who names a bike shop "Wicked cycles"? How wicked can any bike shop be nowadays? Comment Goose?

Offline DirtyHarry

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • The journey will never end.
    • waveline holiday accommodation
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:02 pm »
This is quite a wicked story :-\
There is no right or wrong in this case but common sense should prevail.
For instance, the bike shop could have offered a voucher in the value of the returned part to keep the customer happy.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:26 pm »
No comment on the service, but who names a bike shop "Wicked cycles"? How wicked can any bike shop be nowadays? Comment Goose?

When you wail into a bike shop to look for decals but you cant get to them because they have decided to strip a bike right there on the floor.. Wicked does not come to mind, their clubhouse in Koeberg Rd does sell lekker cheap drinks and gooi fire every now and again !!
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0