3 Kalahari Klonge deur die Karoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Here are a few of our collective foto’s …. It was an awesome trip with great friends, and the weather was bad, but in a very good way.
Us 3

Rickus aka Rickus

Eugene aka Robroskop

Nick aka Hans Boorman

Left Upington at 07:30 and were planning on going through a (VERY WET) Verneukpan to Williston and onto Mof’s farm where we were going to overnight…..well Verneukpan did not happen it was just to wet!

Just before Williston we decided that it’s time for a “worsie op die kole”..

From Williston we took the 2nd Sutherland turnoff and headed in the general direction of Mof’s farm through some bautifull farm roads. We got to his place at around 5 o’clock and then it was getting all the damp kit off and he pours us a Black Bottle and lights the fire braaied some skaap stertjies and marvelous tjops…..it got quite late before we went to bed.

The next morning it was off to Middelpos for some fuel and then Ganagga Pass – Ouberg Pass – Sutherland – Komsberg Pass – Laingsburg ….. when we woke –up it was raining and that was the way it was gonna be allday. Wet snotty roads and the temp coupled with wind chill and our wet kit made for very INTERESTING riding……We’ve never been so overjoyed to see DUST 30km before Laingsburg.

KATSPOOR??? …seems there are really Tiere here !!

We got to the Bash site and prompty got a koshuis kamer and then the festivties began….check this tall Oke ABEL aka LMG as die man 2cm langer was, was hy lewenslank.

We met old friends and some new ones…..it was just before 2 o’clock that me and Faan aka Tankwa had finally gotten around to ending our catching-up session.
The next morning we ALL had babelaas and the Wimpy was overflowing with dogs trying to get a bite to eat.

We decided to rarther go and check out seweweeks poort than go on the outride….man that place is majestic I think even moreso for us Kalahari boys that’s not to familiar with that much greenery. We had a very nice luch at Route 62 in Ladysmith and went back to Laingsburg via Anysberg road. The rest of the day was spent drinking beer and laughing at all the characters and it was topped off with a very tasty SKAAPKOP and a Stormers win over the Pink Bulls….what more can a mere mortal ask for?

We left the koshuis at 7:30 the next morning and it was a gruelling 650km back home to Upington on some bautifull back roads….Thanks to Piston Pete who made the WC Bash possible and to everybody that attended and especially to my riding buddies that made this trip such an unforgettable one…..I wonder if we will ever be as fortunate again to see the Karoo in such a state of perfection….