Dwerg se 800GS/LG en 450X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwerg

Born head first and brought up ankle deep
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
The 800GS REALLY isn't all that crap if you ask me!

I took it out on a ride which included some tar, gravel highways, corrugations, golf ball size loose rocks, sandy twee spoor (as sandy as you get in GP anyway), water crossings, mud and a few jumps. It took everything in its’ stride and only battled on the jumps and when hitting washouts at speed. Gravel highways are a breeze and I easily saw 170 on the GPS. There were very few sections where I felt I needed to stand to handle the bike or stop my kidneys from bleeding. The bike felt surprisingly nimble in twisty sections and was really easy to slide into- and drift out of corners.

In the end I did around 350kms for the day and I have totally fallen in love with this bike! I bought this bike as a commuter but can easily see myself doing offroad trips on it.

Disclaimer:
I can only compare to my 650 and 640. My 800 has hyperpro springs front and rear and a steering damper fitted. I make no claim to being a riding god.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 2,219